Chapter 17-End of Second Year

Chapter 17- End of year 2

Lyra pov

Another year gone. Potter saved the school once again and managed to drive Lockhart insane; he wouldn’t be returning next year. No matter what anyone says I’m the happiest about it. I’ll remember this. Maybe I’ll convince Snape not to poison Harry sometime…Hm…I wonder if I could get the DADA job. I wouldn’t have to work with Snape (at least not as much). I had my things packed and I walked to Dumbledore’s office.

 “Albus?” I knocked

“Come in dear.”

I entered the very large and unique office.

“Hello Lyra what can I do for you?”

“Well I was wondering if it would be possible for me to apply for the Defense against the Dark Arts job.”

Albus smiled.

“You are perfectly qualified.”

I smiled.

“However.”

Dammit.

“I have special plans for you and Severus—“

“No not this again. We are nothing alike, it will never happen.”

“Oh? Did you know he also has applied every year for this position? You will do best in your current position.”

I frowned and sighed.

“Fine. Bye…”

“Oh Lyra before you go, I’ll need you to come in a bit early this year. About a week or so. There’s a bit of magic I feel you should know and it would be great for you to get a head start. Especially since I expect you’ll have quite a bit of difficulty.”

“Okay.”

With that I left his office and went home.