Chapter 26- Goblet of Fire

Lyra pov

*time skip  after names have been pulled*

I stayed half in the shadows, the fames of the near by fire dancing around the poorly lit room. I noticed a certain look f distaste upon Severus's face as he looked at the Durmstrang headmaster. I was rather a gifted analyzer. The expression was something i knew too well, hatred. And mixe with something ununsual...fear. He clutched his left forearm. One look at Harry and i was sure he didn't put his name in that goblet. Fear shone in his bright green eyes. I listened to them argue without saying a word though.

"It's no one's fault but Potter's, Karkaroff. Don't go blaming Dumbledore for Potter's determination to break the walls. He has been crossing lines ever since he arrived here---." His voice was deadly calm and velvety. His eyes were alight with almost pleasure. I stepped forward and slowly clasped a hand on his shoulder. He shifted uncomfortably.

"Don't. Be. An. Ass. Hat." I whispered sharply.

"Thank you Severus." Severus stepped back further into the shadows. he didn't speak throughout the whole conversation. I could feel him tense up when Professor Moody interluded, especially when he adressed Karkaroff. I tried to catch his eye but he distinctly avoided eye contact. I slipped out of the room quickly. There was no way out of the tournament, And he was going aganist a witch and two wizards about three or four years ahead of him. He needed help. Remus was gone. I wonder if Moody, McGonagall, or Dumbledore would do anything to help him. There was something i needed to talk to Dumbledore about. Something that was bothering me and lingering through the shadows of my thoughts. No one could know. Not even Severus. I snuck through the empty halls, to Dumbledores office. I made sure i wasn't seen. i sat quietly until i heard the sound of footsteps.

"Lyra, what a nice surprise--"

"Not on this occasion"

I pulled up the sleeve of my robe to reveal the faint returning mark of a skull with a snake protruding from its mouth.