Chapter 23- The Patronus

Lyra pov

I had been avoiding him. It wasn’t to be mean. But I was afraid it might be awkward. Or that he might want to talk about what had happened. What it meant. And truth be told…I didn’t really know myself. Maybe I was scared. Maybe it didn’t mean anything. I don’t know. I had been a bit upset about it. I felt something when we kissed, a spark. I couldn’t. That can’t happen. It just can’t. I hadn’t told anyone but I had heard that Remus was leaving. And I had to see if it was true or not. I walked to his classroom and saw him packing.

“Why?” Was all I could say.

“Someone, told I was a werewolf.” It was something he told me a while ago. I nodded in understandment.

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing.”

“Something. I can see it in your eyes.”

 I took a deep breath and began to tell him about how I kissed Severus. He listened quietly and contently. I looked at him, his expression revealed nothing.

“I want you to try to conjure up a Patronus.”

“Remus, you know I can’t…”  

“Just try.” He opened the chest and suddenly there was a dementor. Shit. I tried and fell, succumbing to the dementor as I did so.

“Use a stronger memory. Something new.” I closed my eyes and searched. Something came to mind, but it really didn’t matter. I couldn’t find anything. Oh what the hell. I opened my eyes and I was faced with a dementor again,  I began to repeat the charm. Nothing happened. I closed my eyes and thought back, to his soft lips. The warmth and sparks I felt as we kissed…I felt myself smile a bit…though I don’t know why. My thoughts transferred from the kiss to just memories of him.

“EXPECTO PATRONUM!” I looked, and saw something more than a silvery substance. A cat emerged from the end of my wand. I started laughing and Remus smiled too. So my Patronus was a cat. Cool. He looked to me.

“Now out of curiosity,  what were you thinking about?”

I smirked a bit. “Someone special.”