Chapter 30- The Yule Ball

Lyra pov

Not much has changed since then. I knew i had to keep my feelings a secret. Severus had become increasingly bitter which lead to fights and arguements. It wasn't fun. The Yule ball was tonight. So i would dress up all nice and pretty, sit alone and look at all the happy couples dance oh yay how exciting....So i threw on some nice black dress robes curled my hair and applied my makeup like a good girl and went to the Great hall. I started drinking some Firewiskey in a fit of depression and i dont remember after that.

Severus pov

The sight was revolting of all those foolish children fumbling about on the dance floor.I looked up but one person caught my eye. Lyra was in gorgeous lace black robes that ended mid thigh in the front and were longer in the back, exposing her smooth spotless legs, with matching black high heels. Her hair was curly, bouncing with every step, dark makeup on her eyes made her  light violet eyes vivid, the rest of her makeup making her skin seem smooth, pale and flawless. She sat next to me and sulked most of the night. I came back in a foul mood from Karkaroff's discussion. I sat back next to her, as a slow song began to play. She stuck out her hand.

"Come on."

"What?"

"Let's dance. Don't make me ask you twice." I gave her a puzzled look as i took her hand. I placed a hand on her perfectly curved waist and held her warm, soft hand with the other. She moved gracefully though i'm pretty sure she was pretty drunk. I gazed into her eyes and felt a certain warmness i hadn't felt in a long time, i leaned in a bit and our noses touched. She leaned in and i felt a certain warm tingly feelingas my lips brushed hers. She smiled a bit.

"C'mon" she said. She pulled me out of the Great Hall, down to the dungeons. She pulled me into the Potions room, pushed me onto my desk, and closed the door. Confused, i watched as she came over to me. Before i could comprehend any farther, i felt her lips crash to mine. I tried to pulls away to ask what she was doing but only let her slip her tongue into my mouth. Imay have softly moaned..even responded a little...I felt her hands running over my body...but i didnt know what to do. I felt her hands go to my crotch, trying to unbutton my pants. I partly really wanted this to happen....but i couldn't. She's really drunk....she's my friend first i suppose and i can't let her make this mistake. Regretfully, i pulled away and held her.

"Lyra.....you need to lay down."

I picked her up and held her over my shoulder; she was incredibly light. I took her to my chambers and placed her on my bed. I wrapped her up in blankets and was about to leave

"Will you come cuddle me?"I turned to look at her, fighting with myself.

"Please?" It was too much to ignore. i slid into the bed next to her. She wrapped her arms around me and used my chest as a pillow. I not reluctantly but slowly wrapped an arm around her. She fell asleep and i couldn't help but watch, her expression seemed so restful and peaceful, it made me smile; something difficult to do. I brushed the hair out of her eyes and held her close....this...didnt mean anything.....it couldnt.