Chapter 24- The Talk

Lyra pov

The summer had passed. and i was back at Hogwarts again. I had snuck in this time. I still hadn't come to terms what to say. But i'd have to see him sometime, i was his assistant. I just didn't know what to do.

"Something on your mind?" I jumped and turned around to see Albus.

"Sort of.."

"It's about Severus, isn't it?" I remembered what he said a few years ago. The constant insisting that Severus and i were perfect for each other.

"No...No..." He looked at me doubtfully.

"Yeah...." I admitted.

"You kissed him didn't you?" He seemed bemused. I looked up, panicked.

"How do you know that?" No one had seen it...right? No one could know. He smiled and shook his head.

"I know alot, especially of the things that go on in this castle. And, you've been avoiding him more than usual." I looked down, slightly ashamed. I knew i really should have talked to him, at least said goodbye, but...

"You felt something, didn't you?" I looked to him, but didn't reply.

"I told you this would happen." I sat down, feeling defeated. I looked to the candles burning brightly, lighting the dark room. I watched the flicker of the flame dance around for a few minutes, wanting to be distracted from the conversation.

"It's not a bad thing, Lyra."

"Yes it is. I completely ruined any chance of friendship. And i felt something....and it was..Snape...I feel somethig for Snape."

"You didn't. And why is it bad to feel something for him?"

"He's...him.. He's cruel and mean and...i don't think he's capable of love. It's a lost cause." Dumbledore got a faraway look in his eyes.

"Oh...he's capable...And have you considered, on some degree you like how cruel he is? It's different than what you usually expect."

I shrugged.

"But i can't just say i feel anything for him. He doesn't feel it back. And it would only make it awkward." He smiled and i could have sworn there was a twinkle in his eyes.

"I wouldn't be too sure."

"Oh? Did he say anything to you?"

"Alas, i can't tell you that. You'll have to talk to him." I nodded and Dumbledore left. I knew he had left out something. I would talk to Severus tomorrow. I think i know what i'm going to do. I stepped out and walked right into a situation i wasn't quite ready for. I walked right into Severus.