Chapter One

"Mom I don't want too, why can't I stay home alone? Or go with you guys?"

"Dani please, all I want is a day off, Me and your father will just be gone for the night, the Grier's will love to have you sleepover."

I might sound selfish right now, but imagine having to be at one of your ex-friends house for the night. I should tell my mom that we aren't friends anymore but then that'll cause more drama.

My parents are going to a Christmas party for the night and want me to sleepover at Hayes' house because Christmas alone is a horrible thing for a child to endure. Their exact words.

"Honey I'm sorry, but what's the problem with staying at the Grier's? Aren't you and Hayes friends?" My dad asked.

I didn't answer, I walked up the stairs and into my room.

I really need a break. They don't understand, they never do. All I do is what they want, it's like they don't care about what I feel. I walked up to my bathroom and took out a razor. I've been clean for a week but might as well start now. Tomorrow is going to be torture.

I cut my thigh with the sharp razor and blood soon started oozing out. I cut two more times and then decided to stop. Why am I so weak?

I know it's bad to cut and I've tried to stop. But once I stop something bad happens to me and I have the urge too. My parents saw a cut on my wrist once so I've switched to the thigh.

If they ever knew I cut they'd go crazy. Maybe even send me to get help. I hate how they always try to fix things. Everything has to be perfect and me being their daughter I have to be perfect too. I'm far from ever being perfect.

I always want to make them be happy but this time I don't really care.

I got out of the bathroom and started getting ready for bed. I'll need a lot of rest for hell tomorrow.