Chapter Thirty One

- Summertime -

"Yea mom, Hayes and I just arrived, bye , love you." I said fast and hung up the phone. School's over and it's finally summertime. Hayes, Nash, Camryn, and I are at the airport waiting for Matt to come and pick us up. We're going to spend the day at Matt's and then go to DC to meet up with Shawn. I miss him so much.

When we arrived at Matt's house he first showed us our rooms. Camryn and I shared a room near his and Hayes and Nash slept in his room.

"Where are you going?" I asked Camryn. She was getting ready and doing her make up.

"I'm going out with Nash, he said it's someplace nice." I nodded and took out my phone.

To Hayes ❤️ - what are we doing today?

And then I started texting Shawn.

To Shawn - can't wait to see you 😊

He replied instantly .

From Shawn - same 🙈

I don't know why but this text gave me the butterflies. It's like whatever Shawn did made me feel tingly inside. But it didn't mean anything because I know that Hayes and I are going to be together forever.

I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in," I said and waited. Hayes came in with his skateboard.

"Umm... do you want to ride..?" he scratched the back of his neck. He looked nervous. Hayes has been acting very weird lately. It's like he's scared of me. I nodded and grabbed my board.

"Where are we going?" he shrugged his shoulders.

"On an adventure," I smiled and we headed down to the front yard.

As we rode down the road he moved in closer to me on his skateboard and held my hand. I looked up at his blue eyes and gave him a small smile. He looked away but I could see his cheeks turning red.

"Hayes?" I asked

"Yea," and he looked towards me, our hands still locked together.

"Nothing." I was going to ask him what was up, but I rather not ruin this moment.

We stopped when we reached this hill and sat down on it. I was wearing booty shorts because of how hot it was. it's like winter turned to summer without a spring.

I sat right next to hayes with our legs touching. His arm was wrapped around my back as I laid my head in his shoulder. It might have been hot and we might have been sweaty but nothing could ruin this moment.

Well that's what I thought until Shawn texted me, and kept texting me.

"Are you going to get that?" I shook my head. I was too comfortable laying on him to care.

But my phone kept going and wouldn't stop.

"If you won't get it then I will."

"It's f--" I was starting to say but Hayes had already took my phone and saw the messages from Shawn.

"They're from Shawn." I nodded and grabbed my phone and put it back.

"Are you and Shawn... " he looked into my eyes.

"They're just messages don't get worried."

He nodded but I don't think he believed me.