Chapter Seven

It's New Years Eve and I'm now in my room getting ready for our party. I was wearing leggings, combat boots, and a flowey tank with a cardigan over it. I don't wear dresses or heels which makes my mom mad but I need to be myself for once . I didn't come down because I knew there would be a lot of old people. It's probably really boring . I got out my laptop and opened up Netflix and then I heard Bing from my phone .

I had two messages one from Hayes which was sent 15 minutes ago oops.... And the other from Matthew that was just sent in now . I answered Hayes first.

From Hayes - where are you I'm bored ?

To Hayes - in my room come up .

I got a reply instantly

Hayes - kk (:

I saw opened Matthew's text

From Matthew - you didn't tell me that Nash was here , he brought a date too ;)

I didn't reply , he's so weird . If Nash brought a date maybe Hayes did too. Why would Hayes want to bring his date here? Wouldn't he have stayed with his brother for a double date or triple with Matthew and his girl .

"Hello? it's me Hayes," I heard from outside the door , I laughed a little to my self and got up to open the door .

"Hi! um, come in." I said and opened the door a little wider for him . I was so happy to see it just him without a girl.

"Hey, what's up?" He asked and sat down on my bed .

"I was going to go on Netflix , but I don't know what to watch "

" How about we play truth or dare?" he asked me. To be honest I'm a bit scared. What if he asks really personal questions or dares me to do something that could get me in trouble? But if I say no then I'll sound like a whimp.

"Yea, that's more fun then Netflix" I lied. He smiled and we sat criss cross on the opposite side of each other .

"Truth or dare" he asked , I couldn't help but stare at his smile and he hasn't stop smiling since he came in to the room.

"Truth." he rolled his eyes and chuckled , what could be so funny?

"Why do you do whatever your mom wants even if your not happy?" he asked. I really wasn't expecting this question . And it really made me think , Why should I do something that makes me unhappy ?

" I don't know , maybe because she's my mom and I want her to be happy with me ." he shook his head .

" Who cares if she's unhappy with you , a real mother would be proud and support you with whatever you do. " I shrugged , why does he care about this ?

" I'm just saying this because you always seem unhappy even at home , I know that school is hard for you but it feels like you don't have an escape. From being bullied at school and unhappy at home . " He added

He's right , I'm never happy now . I remember I was always happy with Hayes. Whenever we skated together or just chilled at each other's houses .

" It's whatever , ok umm.. truth or dare ?" I asked trying to change the subject .

It was now 11:50 and I don't know how we got this way but right now Hayes and I are laying in bed watching Netflix. He's laying down on his back while my head is on his chest and his hands are on my waist .

We got like this after about our 6th round of truth or dare. We got bored so we decided to watch freaks and geeks on my laptop . And then we laid down together.

"Dani, can you do me favor ?" he asked me.

"Sure , what is it ?" I looked at the time to see it was 11:56 now.

"Would it be ok if you were my New Years kiss?" he said looking away from me. A kiss ? I have never kissed anyone before. Yeah I know sounds dorky but it's the truth.

"What?!" I said , even though I knew exactly what he said .

"Never mind, it was wrong anyway," he said and his lips formed a frown.

"No, no it's okay , I'll be your New Years kiss " I looked up at him and his lips changed into a smile .

"5.....4.....3.....2," we heard the people downstairs scream. and once they said one Hayes moved down towards me and puts his lips on mine. This kiss wasn't a small peck . Our lips were moving in sync and he moved my body closer to his while I put my arms around his neck. The kiss lasted for about 2 minutes , but I had to end it because I needed air .

"Sorry," I said . I looked down away from his eyes but he put his finger under my chin and raised my head up .

"Don't be , it was amazing " I could see a little sparkle in his eyes as he said that .

Hayes stayed longer until it was 2:00 am and his mom said it was time to leave . I looked back at our kiss and felt everything all over again . I'm pretty sure I sound like I'm 11 , but I felt something in me when we kissed . Or maybe everyone feels something on there first kiss.