Chapter Twenty Three

"That's nice," it got silent and awkward. What was I suppose to say? I still like Hayes, a lot. But I'm not going to just crawl back to him because he's single. Hayes looked down to the ground and put his head in his hands.

"Emilee was using me for Nash," he added. This time he sounded like he was on the verge of crying. I tried to comfort him by patting his back but I think that made him more sad. I could see the tears coming through his hands.

"I-I I'm not crying because we broke up." I rolled my eyes .

"Why else?" he looked up at me with his red watery eyes.

"I'm scared that every girl I date is going to use me for Nash or because I'm vine famous ." More tears spilled out.

"I'm not using you. Nash isn't even that special anyway. " I said trying to make him laugh , it worked because he chuckled to himself.

I scooted closer to him and held him in my arms.

"Dani?" He sniffed.

"Yes?" I asked and ruffled his hair.

"Can we just stay like this? I mean you Holding me." I nodded. Hayes moved so he was laying on the bed and I laid down next to him. He put his arms around my waist and I wrapped my arms around his back. I kept my head in his chest.

"I don't even know why I dated Emilee."

"Me either," he started to laugh.

We stayed like this for about fifteen minutes until I was tired of just doing nothing.

"Hayes. I know you're hurting right now but is it ok if I go hang out with Shawn? It's the last time I'll see him." he nodded.

"Yea, I'll just be here," I nodded and got off the bed.

"I'll come back later," and waved bye. I went back into the other room with all the other boys. When Shawn saw me he walked over .

"What did Hayes want?"

"Nothing, we were just catching up." he nodded.

"Can I tell you something, in private." he said and held my hand. I nodded and followed him as he walked out the door. We were in the hallway. Shawn put his arms around my waist for the first time. I felt a bunch of goosebumps and went stiff for a while.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"Yea, where are we going ?" I asked . Shawn smiled and we stopped in front of the elevator.

"No where . I just really want to talk to you ." I started to laugh .

"About what?"

"Do you think were ever going to see each other again?" I didn't want to talk about this because then I'll be sad. I really like Shawn he's a great guy.

"If we try hard enough," I said. Shawn moved his arms so we would closer to each other and kept his eyes on mine.

"I'm willing to try," I couldn't help but blush. He moved in closer to me and our lips brushed against each other's until he basically smashed his lips into mine. He wasn't eager or rough his soft lips were careful and gentle. I could hear the elevator ding and open so I quickly pushed away. I turned my head towards the door to see it was Hayes.