Chapter Seventeen

I woke up and grabbed my phone off the nightstand. I unlocked it and the bright light burned my eyes. I squinted and checked to see it was 7:00. I jumped out of bed as fast as I could and started to get ready for school. My bus leaves at 7:12 so I didn't have much time. I put on a pair of yogas and a sweatshirt as fast as I could. I grabbed my book bag and put on my boots. I checked the time again to see it was 7:09. I then put my hair in a messy bun and ran down to see my parents drinking coffee at the kitchen table.

"Sweetie where are you going?" My dad asked. I looked at him like he was crazy, obviously I'm going to school. Where else? Was he really gone that long that he forgot I had school. Well he did leave during break .

"School..." I replied . I gave him an 'are you stupid or something ' face. My mom and him started laughing while I was lost . They're going to make me late.

"There isn't school today, it snowed all night." My eyes went big as I ran to check out the window. Yes I sound like a little kid. Do I care? No . It's not like it snows every winter in North Carolina.

Since I was already dressed and up I decided to go eat breakfas . It would have been hard for me to go back to sleep anyway .

I sat at the kitchen table table eating my fruit loops while my parents were getting ready to go to work. When my parents left I decided to text Hayes to come over because I didn't want to be alone.

To Hayes ❤️ - want to come over I'm bored ?

Yes there's a heart by his name . I changed it yesterday after he said he liked me . Now that I know I have a chance with him I can put whatever I want next to his name. Don't judge .

I feel pretty stupid sending that because he's probably still sleeping. I should be sleeping. Well , it's too late for that. I walked up to my room and got out my laptop and went on to YouTube.

BING BING .

I checked my phone and I had a text from Hayes .

From Hayes ❤️- yeah, come open the door it's cold .

He's fast . I ran down the staircase and opened the door for him. Hayes was outside wearing basketball shorts and a sweatshirt . I will never understand how guys wear shorts all the time.

He walked inside and gave me a big bear hug.

"Awww warmth," he said really quietly. We stood there for about a minute and when he finally let go we both went upstairs to my room.

"Dani guess what," we were both on my bed watching family guy from my laptop.

"What?" I know I didn't really guess but whatever.

"I'm going to magcon Nashville !!" My eyes went big for the second time today. Hayes is becoming more popular every day. This is freaking amazing! Hayes is going to be with SHAWN MENDES!!!!!

I LOVE SHAWN , SHAWN IS LIFE , SHAWN OVER FOOD.

Did I forget to mention to you guys that I'm a die hard Shawn Fan? well I am.

"Dude, you're so lucky!" I didn't know what else to say. He just nodded.

"I know, we're leaving Friday and then coming back Monday night."

I couldn't help but smile , he's basically living the dream for a 13 year old boy. He doesn't even have to go to school. Wait? So, he's going to be gone for four days with a bunch of girls who are all prettier than me, while I'm here at school with a bunch of stunk up annoying girls . That's just not fair .

(A/N: I never gave Dani a last name so if you have one in mind comment it , but it has to start with a 'G' . )