Chapter Fourteen

I ran to my room and checked the message.

From Lauren - Are you and Hayes a thing?

I was honestly confused, I don't know what me and Hayes are. I hope we're a thing but he hasn't even asked me out. Do I ask if we're a thing or should I just wait? What happens if I wait and we never become a thing.

To Lauren - I don't know

I put my phone down on my nightstand and changed into some pajamas. Tomorrow is Saturday and I can't wait to hang out with Hayes. As I was about to fall asleep my phone beeped.

From Lauren - oh ok (:

Is it weird that the smiley face is bothering me. That would mean she is happy right? So , she's happy that me and Hayes aren't official. Maybe I'm thinking to into this,Probably .

I soon closed my eyes and dreamed a cute dream that I was at the beach. My dream felt almost endless.

Until I woke up the next morning.

It was already 10:00 am and I didn't want to get up . I grabbed my phone from the nightstand and checked twitter. I had gained 64 followers overnight. I didn't know why until I saw Hayes' tweet.

Hayes Grier @hayesgrier
Go watch my first YouTube video with @DanielleG ! Thank you c:

I then went to watch the video. It was so funny and his editing was better then I expected. I read through the comments and a few caught my eyes .

Sarah : Are you guys dating ?

This question made me blush, no one had to say anything. Just the thought made me happy. I looked through more comments.

Miya Niagn : her laughter is annoying.

Is that true? It doesn't seem like it bothers Hayes. I can change my laugh or try too . I then did many different laughs and tried to pick the best one. None of them were good and I felt weird laughing by myself.

BING BING

My phone went off and I got a text from Matthew.

From Matthew - Are your parents on a business trip too?

To Matthew - yea, why?

From Matthew - nothing it's just been a long time. I wonder what it's about .

To Matthew - same.

He didn't reply for a while so I decided to get out of bed and take a shower. When I was done cleaning my body and washing my hair I got out of the shower and changed into jeans and a red long sleeve shirt. I put my hair in a side braid and put on my vans. When I went downstairs I decided to eat some cereal. I ate my Cheerios all by myself. This sucks, I need to make friends. I just need someone to talk to, I thought as I read the cereal box . For Christ sakes I'm reading a cereal box .

"So Cheerios, how's life?" I asked my bowl. Did I really just do that ?!?

BING BING

I looked down at my phone to see I got a text from Hayes .

From Hayes - I'm at the door , come and open it please .

Yes! some company, I thought I was going to go crazy talking to a bowl of cereal. I walked up to the door and opened it to see Hayes with a bag of chips, popcorn, cookies, and two slurpees.

"I'm a little hungry " he said as I let him in. I laughed a little and then quickly stopped remembering that my laugh is annoying. I really need to work on my fake laugh.

He sat on the couch and I went to get my cereal . When I came back Hayes was comfortably watching spongebob. I sat down next to him and he wrapped his arm around me. It felt good. I felt warm and safe.

"Hayes?" I asked.

"Yes?"

"I was just wondering, what are we ?" I looked over at him and he didn't answer. He didn't even look at me. It's like he ignored me.

"I mean , Lauren asked and I don't know what to say and so I just said that I didn't know but now that I think about It I want to know. like are we friends, not friends, more than friends. I'm just curious you don't have to answer if you don't want to," I said super fast and was now out of breath.

"I should go." Hayes got up and left his food.

"wait ! I'm sorry , you don't have to leave," I said before he closed the door, but that didn't stop him.

Wow Dani  not even Hayes can stand your craziness. Maybe it was my laugh.

What do I do now?