Extra #1

(A/N: Dani and hayes are both 15 and still together this chapter will take place during the summer.)

"Dani!!" Hayes yelled from the other room. He quickly came into my room.

"Let's go to the pool. I just realized that we've never been to the pool together. Weird right?" I nodded with a little frown on my face. In my bathing suit all my scars are noticeable and I don't want anyone to know. I've stopped cutting but many of them left marks.

"Who's going to be there?"

"Just us babe, like always." Is it weird I still get butterflies when he calls me babe? Nahh that just means I still have feelings.

"Ok, just let me get ready," what have I got myself into? I grabbed my bikini and went to the bathroom. When I shut the door I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding in. As I put on my yellow bikini and then some shorts over. I looked at myself in the mirror and I started crying.

Not a few tears but I completely started bawling. Something came over me and I couldn't stop the tears from falling. I sat on the toilet with my head in my hands. Am I worried, scared, or just generally sad? My hands started shaking and my heart was beating to a whole different beat.

"Hayes!!" I yelled not knowing what else to do. Is this an anxiety attack? What is happening to me. I heard running steps coming to the door. It slammed open with a worried Hayes on the other side.

"What's wrong?" his eyes full of confusion as he bent down to my level grabbing my shaking hands in his.

"I don't know," my sobs getting louder. Hayes hugged me from where he was on the ground and started rubbing my back.

"Shhh.. it's ok everything will get better," he whispered in my ear. My hands slowly started to stop but my eyes had endless tears. Hayes picked me up by my thighs and carried me to my room placing me on his lap as he sat on my bed.

"Please tell me what's wrong, we can fix this," he kept whispering 'we can fix this' in my ear over and over while rubbing my back making my tears slowly die down.

I'm guessing what just happened was a panic attack. Am I really that scared to show hayes my scares?

"Do you want to talk about it?" Hayes asked once he heard my sniffling go away. I shook my head because I can't really explain it that well myself.

"Let's just go to pool," I said quietly not wanting to ruin the day. He nodded and kissed the top of my head.

"Okay."

~.~

"Are you just going to sit there?" Hayes asked from inside the water. The pool was completely empty. I nodded answering his question.

"C'mon Dani!" He jumped out of the pool and grabbed my hands. Basically taking my shirt off for me underneath I had on the bikini top. He was about to take off my pants but I stopped him.

"Hayes." he look up a little confused and then backed away.

"Sorry."

"Hayes, when I take off my pants please don't look at me different." his nose wrinkled and furrowed his eyebrows. I took off my pants and watched as he stared at my scar covered thighs. Then he looked me in the eyes.

"Dani, you're beautiful." he pulled me in for a hug and kissed my lips.

"You don't care?" I asked.

"Of course I do. I care about you. Those scars are your past and I'd never let yourself self harm ever again, and now your getting weekly check ups by me since you think I don't care," I groaned and pulled away from the hug.

"Let's just get in the water now," I said near the pool when Hayes picked me up and threw me into the water and shortly jumping in after. And to think I was so scared about what he'll say

After the pool we went to my house and laid on my bed channel surfing waiting for something good to watch.

"When did you start?" Hayes said out of nowhere.

"What do you mean?" I turned facing him on the bed.

"When did you start self harming?" he asked again.

"The beginning of middle school," it got really quiet. Hayes shifted his weight to one arm and with the other he pulled me closer.

"Sorry," he quietly said I almost didn't hear it.

"But I'm better now. You make me feel better," I added trying to enlighten the mood. Which worked because his face cracked a smile.

"You make me feel better too."