Chapter Two

I was now opening the last of my presents. As I ripped off the wrapping paper I saw a box that said iphone.

I ripped open the box to see the new iPhone 5c. the color was lime green since that's my favorite color. I was speechless and my face was full of awe.

"Does this make up for us leaving you tonight?" I glared up at my father. Did he really have to ruin this happy moment? Obviously this didn't make up for anything. I'm going to be at Hayes' house for Christmas. Christmas is about spending time with your family and opening presents not leaving your kid with your neighbor. Why would he even ask that? I decided not to say anything mean because I don't want my parents to be in a bad mood.

"Yea, thanks guys. I love you so much!" I ran up to both of them and gave them a big hug.

I activated my phone and had packed for my sleepover of torture. Is that too much? Nope it will be absolute torture. My parents just left and now I'm outside Hayes' house. I really want to just turn around and go home.

I was about to knock on the door when it suddenly opened.

"Dani? What are you doing here?" Hayes asked with the cutest confused fa-- NO! did I just think that Hayes was cute? Well, he's not ugly and he's is defiantly ho-- DANI CONTROL THE EMOTIONS!

"Dani's here?" Hayes' mom said taking me out of my thoughts. Hayes let me slip through the door and closed it behind me.

"Merry Christmas honey! I'm sorry your parents couldn't make it. You'll be staying with Hayes since you kids are really close." My parents taught me if I didn't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. I just nodded and took off my sweater. As for Hayes he had a big fit.

"What? You're going to let me sleep with a girl?!?"

"I trust Dani and she will sleep on the top bunk don't be rude!" Hayes rolled his eyes and went upstairs. "Sorry about that honey," Mrs.Floyd said.

"it's ok." I started walking up the stairs. How am I suppose to walk in and just act like this is my house. What if he's already in a bad mood? should I apologize? What did I even do? I'll just start off by saying hi. Right? that's sounds good.

I walked in and saw Hayes on his phone laying in bed. I set my book bag on the floor which made a big thud. Hayes looked up from his phone and then rolled his eyes?

"Why couldn't you have stayed home by yourself?"

"Believe me I wanted too"

"Why didn't you try harder?"

Why is it that everything that happens I'm always the bad guy? I always try to help people and try to make everyone happy. How am I suppose to make Hayes and my parents happy if they both want different things.

"Why do you hate me?" I wanted to take it back as soon as it left my mouth. What kind of person even asks that? What was even more weird is that Hayes just sat there like he was thinking or maybe even ignoring me. We stood in silence for about two minutes.

"I'll be in the bathroom" I said and walked out the door. Awkward.

"Dani what are you doing here? I mean not in a mean way or anything, just you haven't been over lately and it's really late" Nash said as I got out of the bathroom.

"Oh, um... my parents went out to this party and didn't want to leave me home alone so.... here I am!"

"Cool," he said and nodded his head.

I walked back into the room to see Hayes in the same position as I left him. Do I say something? Why is everything so complicated? I really want everything to be back to how it was where Hayes and I would talk all night and when we had so many inside jokes.

"You think I hate you?" Hayes said interrupting my thoughts.