Chapter Thirty Five

I woke up early in the morning still in Shawn's arms. His smell made me want to fall back to sleep and cuddle more, but I knew it was all wrong. I don't like Shawn. I never did. He was just always there when I needed someone. At magcon when I found out about Emilee he was there to comfort me, and now Hayes broke up with me and he's the nice boy that will always be there for me.

"Shawn?" I called checking to see if he was awake. His grip tightened around me.

"Shawn?" I said again poking at his neck. His eyes started to wrinkle open.

"Shawn wake up please," I begged. I needed to talk to Hayes and tell him I'm sorry for being an asshole.

"Yeah?" He asked half asleep. His eyes opened slowly trying to adjust from the light that was seeking through the curtains.

"I need to go talk to Hayes, I still like him," His grip loosened and he started to fix his hair.

"Ok, but don't fight. Choose your words wisely, don't let what he says bring you down. remember he's just as hurt as you are." He said and put a strand of my hair behind my ear. I went off the bed and was about to leave the room.

"Thanks Shawn, I don't know what I'd do without you." His lips formed a smile as he waved me a goodbye and I left the room.

My feet paced in front of hayes' room wondering if I should go in. If I don't do it know then I'll end up regretting it. Hayes is my happiness, and I need him. I had the key since it use to be my room too so I just used that to open the door.

When I walked in Hayes was still sleeping alone in the bed. I crawled over to him and laid beside him. My arms wrapped around him like it was my instinct. His wrapped around me too. A smile on my face appeared by the amazing feeling his touch brought me.

"I'm sorry." He said quietly taking the words right out of my mouth.

"I am too." I looked up into his blue eyes pulling him closer making his bare chest touch my chest giving me warmth.

"I'm stupid. I was worried wondering where you were last night. All I wanted to do was say sorry and hold you but I knew you were mad," he explained.

"I wasn't mad, I was sad. I was sad because you actually thought I'd cheat on you with one of your closest friends." His grip on me got tighter.

"So where did you stay last night?" oh shit. should I lie or tell the truth? should I lie or tell the truth?!?

The truth.

"I was sleeping in Matt's room," he looked calm and fine. But I needed to tell him the whole truth. "With Shawn." I could feel his grip loosen as if he were ready to get up and leave, but I held on tight. Not letting him go.

"But we didn't do anything! We watched a movie and fell asleep. That's it!" He rolled his eyes and tried to pull my hands off him.

"Hayes please, can't you see I like you not him. He's my friend too, and sometimes I need help when we're not on speaking terms." he stopped struggling and laid still with my arms around him.

"Dani, I like you," I nodded while a smile formed on my face. He wrapped his arms around me pulling in closer to him.

"Maybe it's love, I don't know I'm still too young to understand what this is but you make me feel different. I'm trying my best to be with you but there's always a problem trying to pull us apart. Promise me you'll try your best to keep us together." His voice said. It was the sweetest thing ever.

"I promise."

The End.

(A/N: I'll add more Chapters on the important things that happen later in their lives like prom and Hayes finding out about Dani's cuts)