Chapter Six

"Sweetie don't eat with your hands," my mom told me.

Right now I'm at this fancy restaurant with some of my parent's friends. We're waiting for the Espinosa family to come so we can go play golf. I hate coming to these things there's only adults and one boy that is 16 years old. His name is Matthew Espinosa. You've probably heard of him. Nash and him are friends.

Bing, my phone off went and everyone at the table turned there heads toward me.

"Sorry and excuse me ," I turned my head to see my mom was shaking her head in disappointment or embarrassment, not sure.

I walked out of the room into the sitting area outside.

From Matthew - sorry we're running a little late , there's a lot of traffic .

Man , now I have to stay longer with these old snobby people and worse part my parents are one of them . I promise my life that I will never turn into them . and I'll never let what they're doing to me happen to my kids.

After what seemed like an hour Mathew And his family finally came.

"Hey Dani long time no see " Matthew ran up to me and gave me hug.

Matthew and I aren't that close, but when our parents have to meet up we talk a lot.

All the adults were playing golf while Mathew and I sat at the benches and talked.

"So, what grade are you in now ?" Mathew asked .

"I'm in 7th ." he nodded .

Now Matthew is my only real friend he knows about the Hayes thing and the cuts , but he doesn't know that we made up or that I cut recently .

"How's your break?" I asked him.

He turned his head and had a little smirk going on.

"Let's just say the ladies love me more than usual this break ." I rolled my eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes at me , " Matthew said with a lot of sass . He even snapped his fingers.

"How was your break? " Matthew asked . I decided to tell him all the about the Hayes stuff . I told about sleeping over and the things he said. I also told him about how we went skating and how I left him because I was scared of my emotions.

 "I think he likes you."

Those words changed everything. I thought of things in a different way . Maybe he was being nice because he wants me ? Maybe he ignored me because he liked me ? This makes no sense. I shouldn't even be thinking like this , Hayes just likes me like a friend, that's what he told Nash.

"Matthew, this doesn't really matter anyway ," I finally say. He gives me a frown.

"Anyway, I was wondering if you were going to our New Years Party? " I asked . Every year we have a party and invite the neighbors but usually only the Griers come.

"Yea I have too , my mom is a bit mad at me for being out all the time " I made a little laugh .

"But I'm going to bring a date " he added. That makes sense .