Chapter Thirty Four

I wasn't going to let Hayes leave. I don't want it to end over nothing because I didn't do anything. I searched everywhere for him. I finally found him at the elevator sitting on one of benches. His head was in his hands and I could hear him whimpering.

"If you actually like me the way you say you do, you'd at least try to make us last." I said quietly and sat next to him, keeping a little space between us.

"I did, you don't understand how much you hurt me." I looked down to my hands.

"You're not that only one who got hurt here," he turned his head and looked me in the eyes.

"It's your fault though, you knew what you were doing was wrong but you kept doing it."

"What? what did I do?" I asked softly, not wanting to cause a big scene.

"I've cried for you and I know its stupid but when I'm not with you I feel like shit and when I am I'm scared about how we'll end." I set my hand on his, he flinched but soon accepted my touch.

"Hayes, you don't understand how it hurt for you to ignore me these past days. You never replied or even looked at me. It seemed like you hated me and I don't know what I did wrong so how can I possibly fix it?" he turned his head to me and pushed his hand away from me.

"Maybe if you didn't cheat on me with Shawn that would have fixed it!" he snapped and left the bench to turn the corner.

"BUT I DIDN'T!" I yelled as he left.

~.~

"Matthew?" I asked, I was sitting on his bed at the hotel. He came a day after us because he had stuff to finish at home.

"Yea?"

"Nothing," it was stupid, I was going to ask if there was something wrong with me, but I already know the answer.

"So you and Hayes are over..?" I nodded. It was just yesterday and all the memories came back, I don't even know what he meant about the lies. I wouldn't lie to him. I didn't even want to hurt him. I liked him too, and before I knew it my eyes started watering.

"Aww Dani I'm sorry. I know you liked him a lot." Matt sat beside me and I put my head on his shoulder. His arms wrapped around my waist holding me tight.

"I didn't like him, I loved him Matt."

"He'll come back. He always does." I nodded wishing for that to happen. I want us to be okay, I want us to still be together after all we are better together.

"I'm going to go get a snack from the vending machine in the lobby," Matt said and let go of me. I watched him leave. I grabbed my phone and checked my messages.

From Shawn - hey.

To Shawn - remember when you told me you don't like to see me sad?

From Shawn - yes, why?

To Shawn - I could use some cheering up...

From Shawn - where are you?

To Shawn - Matts room.

I locked my phone and grabbed the remote, waiting for Shawn felt like a lifetime. Maybe it's because I hate being alone or I'm an impatient bitch. There was soon a knock on the door, I went up to get it and if you guessed Shawn then you're wrong. It was the one and only Nash Grier woohoo! (Note the sacrasm).

"Hi."

"Dani, what did you do to Hayes?" He snapped.

"Nash, have you thought about me? I have feelings too. Hayes isn't the only one hurting. He broke up with me, I should be bawling my eyes out not him. He didn't even try to work things out, so if you have anyone to blame for you brothers sadness blame him." I said back in the same attitude he gave me and slammed the door right in his face.

I'm not going to cry. I'm not going to cry. I'm stronger then this. I don't need Hayes. I don't need Hayes. I reminded myself as I walked around the room. Nope, I'm just lying to myself. Hayes was the best thing to ever happen to me. I love him so much.

"Dani?" I heard Shawn say from the outside of my room. When I went to open it Shawn jumped and gave me the tightest hug ever. He closed the door behind him.

"Tell me what's wrong," he demanded and sat me down on the bed.

"Everything Shawn, I don't know how I'm going to fix it." I was at the verge of tears. He held my hand and brought me close to him.

"Please don't cry," he whispered in my ear. I nodded and gave him a hug. He hugged me back.

"Can we just watch a movie?" I asked softly. He nodded and I chose the fault in our stars.

Apparently Matt never came back, so it was just Shawn and I.

"Do you love hayes?" Shawn asked out of nowhere. He was behind me so I turned around. He looked me in the eyes.

"I'm guessing that's a yes," I nodded quietly and crawled over to him. He opened his arms so I could snuggled with him.

"I want him so badly, even though he hurts me a lot it also hurts not to be with him."

"In the bathroom the other day what were you doing?" I looked down and moved in closer to his chest.

"N-nothing" I lied, but it was obvious he didn't believe me.

"Please tell me, I can help."

"It's fine," he pulled the rest of my body closer and kissed my forehead.

"Be strong babe."