Chapter Eight

I woke up to see that it was 11:38 . This is the latest I've woken up in a long time . I went into my bathroom and brushed my teeth and washed my face.

It's the first day of 2014 and I kissed got my first kiss . This year is already looking good for me . My New Years resolution , which I never actually achieve, is to stop being shy and do what makes me happy. After my talk with Hayes last night I thought about it for a while .

I soon went into the shower and washed my hair and my body . I got out of the shower and put on my clothes . I decided to wear skinny jeans with a sweatshirt that says myrtle beach . I brushed my hair and left it with my natural curls .

I went downstairs and made myself a strawberry and banana smoothie. My parents weren't home for some reason which is weird so I decided to call them.

"Hello?" my mom said through the phone .

"Hey , um where are you guys? " I asked . It sounded like there was a lot of people in the background .

"Oh , you didn't see the note in the living room . Your dad and I are staying in DC for a business trip . bye I have to go!" She said in a rush and hung up .

Ok well then. What do I do for the rest of winter break ? I decided to blend my smoothie and watch some TV. The note was on the coffee table and I started to read it .

Dear sweetie ,
Sorry for leaving you home alone but this could really help mommy's and daddy's career. We will be up here for a while and don't do anything dumb please . We trust you and love you , Dad and I will miss a lot . And there is about $300 in my room under the mattress be careful with it and if you need more just call .

Love,
Mom & Dad

That's a bit strange , Did they just say they trust me? And why would they just leave all of a sudden like that ? My phone then made a noise saying I had a notification . It was a text from Hayes .

From Hayes - can I come over ? I'm bored 😊

This text made me smile because it reminded me of this morning and , well this morning was amazing . Hayes and I are really becoming close and I love it . I always thought he hated me and now that I know we can possibly have something . I can't stop smiling . I quickly replied .

To Hayes - yea , just knock when you're here 😀

I stayed on the couch waiting for Hayes to come. I heard a lot of noise coming from outside so I looked out the window to see the house across from mine having a uhaul truck in front of it . I then saw a man and women get out if of the truck .

How could I forget ? My neighbor moved 2 months ago and now new people are moving in. After the women came out a boy jumped out of the truck . He looked about my age and had dirty blonde hair . He turned and saw me looking out the window so I quickly ducked down hoping he didn't see me.

Wow , smooth move Dani ! Now he thinks I'm a stalker . Plus he was cute , I then heard a knock on the door and remembered about Hayes.

I opened the door and let him in .

"Hey, " we both sat down on the couch and starting searching through the channels .

"I totally forgot about the neighbors coming today did you ?" I asked .

"No , but I didn't think there would be a boy I thought it was just a couple." He said . I turned my head to look at him and he was already staring at me. His eyes were sparkling like when we kissed yesterday . It was such a beautiful sight .

"You know you were my first kiss?" I blurted out. I can't believe I just said that . My eyes got big and I covered my mouth . Did I really just say that ?

"It's okay Dani , even though you weren't my first I'm happy that I was your first," he told me and reached for my hand to hold.

" And I would be happy to be your second if you let me " I could feel the heat rising in my cheeks and I probably turned red . He leaned in closer and so did I . We were basically inches apart , and then there was a knock on the door .

"I should get that" I said and letting go of all the air I had in me . I got up and opened the door to see the new kid from across the streets .

"Um.... hi ?" he said , but it came out more like a question . Soon Hayes came and stood up behind me .

"Hi , um... who are you?" I asked trying to sound as nice as possible .

"Sorry, my mom said to make friends and I saw you staring from the window so I thought I could just say hi . " The words came out of this mouth really fast and he seemed a little bit shy . He would never look at Hayes or me in the eyes.

"Hi , I'm Hayes and this is Dani " Hayes introduced us and and we both gave him a handshake .

"I'm Tyler ."

Tyler . I actually like that name and he did look like a Tyler. Hayes and him were about the same height , and me being super short felt like a midget next to them. Up close you could see his eyes were a light green and had specks of yellow. I can't lie , he was hot . He was wearing a little hoodie and kakis .

Tyler and Hayes became friends super fast , after we finished watching pitch perfect we went to Hayes' house and played GTA 5 . It was my first time so I sucked and got caught by the police at least 3 times . Maybe Tyler, Hayes , and I will be come like SUPER BEST FRIENDS FOREVER!!! Did I really just think that ?