For You I Will • Stephen Curry

[ For you I will ] ♡

When you're feeling lost in the night,
When you feel your world just ain't right
Call on me, I will be waiting
Count on me, I will be there
Anytime the times get too tough,
Anytime your best ain't enough
I'll be the one to make it better,
I'll be there to protect you,
See you through,
I'll be there and there is nothing
I won't do.
•••

Normani fixed her glasses as she sat up against her headboard reading one of her favorite novels. Her life was usually hectic with her being a on the call therapist but tonight was one of those special nights where she had time for herself.

Her phone was to the left of her on do not disturb and she was enjoying it. Even though she knew she'd regret staying up that late when reality hit her in the morning.

"Remember all the nights you used to fall through." She sang quietly to the music in the background as she finished a chapter and sat the book down beside her.

"Lord." She mumbled scanning the 2:37 am on the clock next to her bed.

Seconds later the doorbell rung pulling her away from her thoughts, making her confused.

Who in the hell would show up at 2 in the morning?

She scurried downstairs, looking out the peep hole to see her close friend Wardell on the other side, soaked from the pouring rain outside.

She made a face as she cut off the alarm and opened the door for him.

"Steph what the hell are you doing here at 2 in the morning?"

He pushed her further inside her home, furiously slamming the door behind him.

"I'm so fucking angry Nori, Brenda's really been pissing me off!"

She crossed her arms, rolling her eyes at his rude introduction. "Oh no you happily burst into my home at 2 in the morning and I don't expect a welcoming hug or anything." 

He sent her a look and she dramatically threw her arms in the air.

"Geez I'm kidding, take a breather then go take a shower or something. You smell like depression and practice. After your done then you come talk to me like I'm a normal person." She mumbled storming back upstairs and he sighed wiping the rain off his forehead, taking off his shoes.

He made sure her front door was locked, before cutting her alarm back on and running upstairs to see her back in the same position she was in before he showed up.

He chuckled to himself seeing the book that was in her hands.

"Are you seriously still reading that book?"

Her eyes met his in annoyance.

"Are you seriously talking to me right now? Wasn't you pissed off?"

He smacked his teeth. "You don't have to catch a attitude Normani."

She scoffed fixing her glasses. "You need to disappear out of my face and go shower. You stink Steph! Smelling like a wet dog!"