Into The Woods

Mark invited me into his home and shut the door behind me. "Thanks," I said to him, he smiled and nodded as a sign of 'you're welcome'. "Would you like a drink," he offered me kindly, "no thanks," responded to him setting my stuff down.

I kicked my shoes off and adjusted my beanie. Chicka ran up to me and gave me a big hug, her head reaching my neck. "Hi Chicka," I greeted her sweetly. She jumped off of me and ran into the other room, "she seems happy," I said to Mark, "yea, she gets like that when she's around people she hasn't seen in a long time." He told me. I had to admit that I haven't been there in a while.

Then she ran back into the room with a toy in her mouth motioning to me, and prancing around. I got down on the ground to reach her eye level and grabbed the toy from her mouth. I ran through the house and to the back door. she pinned me up against the wall next to the glass door.

The door was just in reach as I opened the door. She snatched the rope from my hands and ran out the door. I followed her outside and almost fell in the pool, but avoided it. Mark came outside last, and closed the door behind us.

I was able to get around the pool and grab the toy from her mouth. I hopped around for a bit with her. She tried to get the rope from my hand but missed. I turned my body so my back was toward the pool. I held the toy out in front of my chest. "Get him Chicka, get him," I could hear Mark saying behind me.

Well do you wanna guess what happened next?

Mark's wish came true, she pushed off of me and grabbed the toy, pushing me into the pool. I came up to the surface of the water and turned around to face Mark. Chicka was hugging him as Mark was speaking to her like a baby. "Good girl Chicka, good girl, yes you are," he said rubbing her ears.

Mark looked over at me and acted like nothing happened. I laughed, shook  my head, and got out of the pool.

I took the beanie off reveling my mess, wet, dark green hair. Mark laugh at me, I darted my head at him, and he diverted his head another direction and cleared his throat.

Chicka came running toward me. I got on my knees, hugged her, and asked, "what was that for," playfully, and then laughed. I looked up at Mark, "I've got some clothes and a towel if you want some new clothes," he said pointing at the house.

I laughed and said, "well it couldn't hurt, it wasn't like I was planning on getting soaked." 

Mark walked into the house to fetch me some new clothes. "Good thing I left my phone on the table over there huh girl," I said to Chicka. I stood up and went and got my phone off the table.

I walked back over to Chicka, got on the ground with her, and took a selfie with her, and posted it to twitter.

I set my phone on the ground and huffed at her. Within a minute my phone went crazy with twitter notifications, with comments and likes, and re-tweets.

By then Mark walked back out of the house with a towel and clothes. I picked up my phone, got off the ground, and thanked him for the clothes. "No problem dude," he responded back with kindness in his voice.

I walked into the bathroom in the house, dried off, and changed. I was wearing one of Mark's old charity shirts that says "you are loved" on it. I smiled at the though of how many fans had bought this shirt. I was also wearing a pair of blue jeans. It was awkward but I had to also wear a pair of his black sock.

I came out of the bathroom and into the living room. Where Mark was sitting. I sat down next to him and asked, "so... what do you want to do now." "I don't know I was hoping that you would have come up with something," "nope." I told him.

It was silent for a minute while we tried to figure something out. "Hey I've got an idea," I said cheerfully. "I used to always go into the woods as a kid and see how high I could climb the trees... wanna see if I can still do that?" Mark sat and thought about it for a moment, then said, "eh, sure, why not."

I smiled as we got up from the sofa and walked over to the door. We got our stuff on and headed out the door and left Chicka inside, there was no need for her to tag along.

We waved good-bye to her as we got in the car. The car was burning like a fire, or like hell itself. Mark quickly turned the car on and turned the air on, as he could see that I was getting itchy from the heat.

We pulled out of the driveway, avoiding my car, and we were off to the forest.

They went to a forest that was a half hour away from Los Angeles called, Jimicana National Forest of California. by the time that they got there it was two thirty. They parked the car, and proceeded to walk into the forest.

There were leaves on the ground because of Fall, there were bushes everywhere, as well as sticks, and spider webs. The second that I walked into the woods I was hit directly in the face by a spider web. I took the sleeves on my hoodie and wiped my face as Mark laughed with me because of my stupidity of not looking before I walk.

As we continued to walk in the forest we looked for a good tree to climb. One of the trees seemed perfect to climb so I went ahead and began to climb the tree first. But before I did that I texted Wiishu what we were doing, and where we were at. Then I handed the phone off to Mark and stepped onto the first branch.

I was almost at the top of the tree when a branch broke under my feet!

(Really enjoying this, more to come soon enough!!)