Electric Love

There was a heavy knock at the door. Anti became weary and disentangled himself from me on the couch and stalked towards the door. "We live in the forest, who could that be," he whispered.

I got up off the couch and walked over to the window. I moved the blinds to look outside and saw the black uniforms of four cops, all of them ready to attack with their hands hovering over their guns. My eyes widened and I leaped away from the window and rushed towards Anti. "ANTI, DON'T," I screamed after him, but it was too late, he had already opened the door.

The police scrambled in, grabbing hold of Anti as he struggled to get out of their grip. I could already feel the rage boiling inside of me, but this time I let it free.

Quick as a bullet, I ran into the kitchen and grabbed a knife. They whipped out their guns as I sliced and diced at them, determined to get Anti out of their hold. Within seconds there was already two dead cops lying on the ground.

I whipped my head up, teeth clenched, eyes ablaze, white-knuckled grip on the bloodied knife, but Anti-nowhere to be seen in the house. "You sons of bitches," I hollered at them and raced outside.

They were dragging Anti away while he flailed, kicked, and screamed at them to let him go. One of the cops was calling in for back up. My wings sprung out in rage and kicked at a million miles per hour towards Anti.

Kicked an officer to the ground, freeing one of Anti's arms, and drove the knife down into the back of his neck, pulling it out just as quick to swing around and plant it into the middle of the other's eyes. Anti fell to the ground and I shoved the butcher knife into the waistline of my jeans.

I quickly scooped Anti up off the ground and flew high in the air, above the trees. "We need to get as far away as possible, or hide somewhere," he hollered from below me.

"No fucking shit," I yelled back, the sound of a helicopter approaching us rapidly beginning to fade in.

"Jack," he yelled, his voice wavering. "Go faster."

"I know, I'm try-" but I was cut off by a searing, fiery pain in my shoulder blades which forced me to immediately stop, slamming my brain into my skull. I hovered in the air, shellshocked, the pain slowly causing me to release Anti.

Anti screamed my name over and over again as warm liquid slowly slid down my back, falling into my pants and soaking the waistline. My hand slipped from Anti and he quickly grabbed hold of my lower leg and squeezing his eyes shut, holding on for his life, still yelling my name. The weight of him seemed to be dislocating my knee, but compared to the pain in my back, I didn't feel anything.

Then, suddenly the pain hit me like a wave, and it was unbearable. I threw my arms up to cover the area of pain and doubled over, letting Anti go, his screams inaudible over my own. My shoulder blades were drenched. I squirmed around in pain, but that only made it worse until I finally heard a snap and crunch and I felt myself free falling only for a minute before blacking out.

~~~

I awoke in a white room and Anti pounding on a piece of soundproof glass. When I sat up and stared at him, his eyes lit up and he stumbled backward, breaking a smile. He came rocketing back towards the glass twice as fast, screaming words to me that I couldn't hear.

I stood up slowly, pain shooting up my leg. I winced and lifted up a loose pant leg, and saw a white bandage wrapped around my knee. It was painful to breathe, I noticed as I bent down to examine it. The white bandage was stained red with blood, though I don't remember hurting my leg.

I stood up straight and rubbed my hand across my chest. The fabric of the tan shirt slipped over more fabric underneath it. I lifted up my shirt and the same type of bandage that was on my knee was wrapped around my chest, restricting my breathing. But the band-aid didn't have any red on it anywhere.