Studios and Tests

My POV

Yesterday was so boring at the studio. I didn’t even have to go. I had already recorded my parts for the songs. I just had to write a song. 

I’ve been trying to write it for ages and I can’t seem to find the lyrics. It’s like one of the most important songs on the album. The song is going to be called ‘Stars’ because thats what the name of the album is. It’s really annoying me. 

Today, we’re back in the studio. This time, we have more pressure. Simon is here. He’s watching how well we work together with the writers. So yeah, can you feel the pressure?

The girls and I have al decided that it would be a good idea to dress up going to the studio instead of going in our pajamas. I’m wearing some pink crochet lacey shorts, a white high neck crop top, and some sliver strappy sandals with a bow on each one. My hair is curled and I have a small flower crown on my head. 

I park my car in spare spot and turn it off. I get out and grab my guitar case. I smile as I walk past the receptionist and she smiles back at me. I walk into the writing room to see all the other girls there. Luckily, Simon isn’t here yet. 

“Hey,” I say sitting down next to Lucy in a purple bean bag, and placing my guitar next to me. 

“Hi,” Lucy greets me smiling.

“How are you?” Cassidy asks from across the room. She’s sitting on a tiny chair in the corner of the room. 

“Good,” I reply. “Why are you there?”

“I was naughty,” Cassidy replies like a three year old. I hear the other girls giggle and turn back to them. 

“That’s the naughty corner and naughty chair,” Maddy replies. I do a slow nod in understandment. Now there’s silence. But its not for long because someone breaks it by clearing their throat. 

We all turn our heads to the glass doors and see Simon stand there. I quickly stand up, the girls do the same. Cassidy runs up from the corner and stands next to me. 

“Hi Simon,” Lucy says addressing him.

“Hello girls,” he says. As he looks at each one of us he gives us a little nod. 

“I have your coffee Mr. Cowell,” a lady says running up to him holding a coffee cup and a clipboard. 

“Thank you Kelly,” Simon says taking the cup from her. Then he turns back to us. “Just do what you would usually do when writing a song, and just pretend I’m not here,” Simon says. 

Simon and Kelly walk away from the door and into the sound booth room. From there, he can hear everything we say, he can control what our voices sound like, and if he presses a button we can hear what he’s saying, but he doesn’t we won’t be able to hear a thing. 

We sit back down on the bean bags and I get out my guitar. I choose not to sit on my bean bag because its too hard to play the guitar sitting on it. Lucy gets out her song book and a pen. 

“So we’re trying to write a song called stars,” she says. “Any things that relate to stars?” She asks. 

~~~Four Hours Later~~~

We had given up. Our attention spans had now gone and we are playing netball. It’s not a proper game. It just most the same rules as normal netball but its the first team to get ten passes in a row, then we win a point. We would be playing normal netball but there are no hoops and not even people.

Maddy and I are on the same team, then the others are on the other team. We’re together because we’re the ‘better two’ players out of us all. We’re both ‘all-rounders’, which means we can play any position, like defense, attack or shooter.