The Comments

~~~4 Days Later~~~

My POV

Our show last night was amazing! It’s so much fun to perform in the open air than to perform in an arena. I mean, you could actually breathe. Because our opening act we had when we did the America tour wasn’t available, we got 5 Seconds Of Summer. They’re really cool boys. 

At the moment the 5SOS boys are performing and we’re still getting ready. I’ve just finished getting dressed and my makeup is already on. I relax in a chair and pull out my phone just as it rings. Perfect timing. 

“Hello?” I say without bothering to check the caller a I.D. 

“Hey sweetie, its mum,” she replies in a serious tone. A small smile spread across my lips. 

“Look mum, this call can’t be long I have a show-” I begin to say but mum cuts me off. 

“It’s Katy,” she say and sniffs. My heart drops and my smile disappears. 

“What’s wrong?” I ask swallowing the lump in my throat. Maddy had noticed my mood change and now is staring at me. 

“She’s in the hospital,” mum says. “I didn’t know.” Mum begins to cry. “I didn’t know she was like this, she could of told me and we could of worked through it. I didn’t know,” Mum sobs. Now I’m on the verge of tears. 

“You didn’t know what?” I ask, not wanting to know the answer. Now Charlie and Maddy were listening to the conversation. 

“I didn’t know she cuts!” Mum yell-sobs. What?! My sister cuts? I never knew it was that bad. I also thought mum knew that Katy was getting bullied at school. 

“She told me that you knew,” I say slowly, my tears threatening to spill.

“I didn’t know that the people at school were bullying her! I definitely did not know that she was depressed and suicidal,” Mum adds. My heart stops. 

“Suicidal?” I choke out. The tears rolling down my face. Charlie’s instantly by my side wiping my tears and giving me a hug. 

“Yeah, I came home from work and she was passed out on the bathroom floor with all these bottles filled with pills around her. She’s getting her stomach drained at the moment,” Mum cries. 

“I’ll be there as soon as I can,” I say without thinking. 

“Ok, sweetheart,” Mum says and sniffs. “I’ll see you soon,” she adds.

“Love you,” I say and hang up. 

I break down crying, dropping my phone to the floor. I soon have the other girls around me. I’m in the middle of a group hug. 

“What’s happened?” Charlie asks sympathetically. 

“Katy tried to kill herself,” I choke out. “It’s all my fault. I pushed her to be in the video and to take pictures with me on Instagram when I knew the fans didn’t like her.”

“Babe, its not your fault,” Maddy reassures me. 

“What are you doing Cassidy?” Lucy asks as Cassidy walks away from the group. 

“I’m booking us tickets to go back to see Katy,” Cassidy replies going into her phone. 

“Thanks Cass,” I say. 

“What are you girls doing?” Sally asks. I sigh and wipe my eyes. 

“The girls are helping me with my feelings,” I reply.