Presents

~~~2 Days Later~~~

My POV

I look at Cassidy and nod. We are currently in a very boring interview. Maddy, Charlie and Lucy are sitting on the couch in front of us, and Cassidy and I are sitting in high chairs behind them. And I think that the interviewer has forgotten about Cassidy and me. She hasn’t asked us any questions since the beginning which was ‘how are you?’ So yeah, we’re very bored. 

“So Lily,” Phoebe, the interviewer says, stopping me from pulling faces. I sit back straight up and turn my attention to her. “I want to see.” I frown, confused. 

“See what?” I reply puzzled. Cassidy nudges me in the stomach and gives me a questioning look. I shrug. 

“The ring,” Phoebe says like I’m dumb. I look down at my fingers. Those rumors about the promise ring being an engagement ring are so old. 

“What ring?” I ask. I lean to the side and take a drink of my water. 

“The wedding ring,” she replies. I choke on my water hearing her reply. My eyes go wide, and my mouth is open, but I’m coughing. Cassidy pats my back. 

“What wedding ring?” I question, completely baffled, once I had stopped choking. 

“Well, isn’t that the whole reason you went over to Paris? So you  and Niall could get married?” She asks, her tone now confused. I shake my head dramatically as a picture flashes on the screen on Niall and I having dinner on the Eiffel Tower. 

“No,” I say. Short and sweet, the best way. 

“But that’s when you got married,” Phoebe says as another picture flashes on the screen.

The picture is taken from behind. Niall has his arm around my waist and I’m looking at him and smiling, and we’re standing in front of the waiter, making small talk. Definitely not a marriage ceremony. 

“A couple of things,” I begin looking at Phoebe. “One, where are all the guests? Two, we were just having dinner. Three, I’m not even wearing white,” I say. “And four, we’re not even engaged!” 

“But you’re engaged to be engaged,” Phoebe says wiggling her eyebrows. 

“What are you on?” Lucy asks Phoebe. 

This interview has just gone downhill. Yesterday, we had a press conference announcing our second album called ‘Stars’ and the World Tour. Yes, WORLD TOUR!!!!! And we started talking about it, then we’ve moved on from the work related side of things. 

I shake my head as Phoebe tries to explain the whole ‘you’re engaged to be engaged’ thing to us. I kinda get it, but I can’t be bothered to listen. I just want this interview to be over so that the girls and I can relax as we celebrate their birthdays. 

Tomorrow is actually Cassidy’s birthday and we were going to go clubbing tomorrow night, but we have a late night interview so we can’t. So that’s why we’re going tonight, or so they think. 

~~~~~~~~~

I stand there smiling as the girls open the presents they got each other. They were nice little things like earrings, a phone case, perfumes, books, magazines, and chocolate. But they can’t beat my present. 

“Time for my presents,” I say smiling.

I stand up and brush the cookie crumbs off my skirt. Tonight I’m wearing a tight black long sleeve shirt, a sunflower skirt with a black background, and some black pumps. My hair is straightened, and I have foundation, mascara, and clear lip-gloss on for makeup.