The picture that started it all

My eyes opened and I suddenly felt the cold metal of my ring on chain around my neck and the brisk morning air on my face. I always loved the sea air. I lived in Cornwall, known for its beaches and being the surf capital of the uk. I missed the fresh air when i was in university at in Bristol.

No i need to forget Bristol i need to move on. I need to forget.

I hauled myself from laying down so i was resting against my head board, i reached out to my bedside table and grabbed my phone-my normal routine, isnt it everyones to check their phones when they wake up?

As i pressed my home screen to see my notifications i had to take a second glance.

"Unable to show all notifications too many have been received, please unlock phone."

It must just be a glitch i thought to myself, so i slid my lock screen to unlock it. But it wasnt a glitch.

Last night I'd left my phone on snapchat. I had 60 snaps from some of my snapchat friends. I scrolled down them. They varied from people I'd hardly spoken to, to my best friends. I opened Lucy's first, she was my best friend so obviously id open hers first. And once id watched the all of them I couldn't believe what she was saying.
She'd first of all said:
"Your insta is peng y/n/n"
"Oooo look at those likes!"
"Wait y/n/n the likes are getting mega ahha"
"Seriously youve become insta famous or something "
"1 million what!!!!!"
They all followed the same pattern after that, so I decided to check out what she was saying. I closed snapchat and opened insta. My notifications button had gone crazy. I clicked on my most recent post and i couldn't believe my eyes. 5 million likes?!
What?! My followers had reached 3.5 million and the comments were so lovely!

I could believe i,t what had just happened!? I needed to FaceTime Lucy.