I knew I'd forgotten something

"Wow" Joe breathed, "I mean how do I even respond to that? No actually how did you cope with that? Fuck y/n"

"Not easily" you say trying to lighten the very dark mood "doesn't really help when your best friend calls you out like that in public though" you say, remembering Lucy embarrassing you in front of the whole club. In fact you only just really remember you're sat on the toilet floor of a London nightclub.

"We should probably get out of here, see if anyone is actually still here aha" you suggest standing up grabbing your bag.

"Oh god yeah I completely forgot about them out there I was so focused on you" replied Joe dazedly as if he had just come out of a dream.

He stood up and wiped himself of any dirt from the floor, while I walked over to the mirror. My makeup wasn't actually too smudged, I didn't cry too much- I was all cried out over Mark he was someone I was eager to forget.

Joe and I walked out of the toilet, no one battered an eyelash in our direction, we guessed everyone had drunk enough alcohol to of forgot about the outburst from Lucy.

Zoe, Alfie, Marcus and Niomi were still sat at the same booth as before. The club was a bit more empty but everyone seemed more drunk.

"Oh y/n come here, are you okay?" Zoe asked pulling me into a hug.

I gave a small smile and gentle nod as a response.

"Look Zo I think me and y/n might head off" joe said giving his sister a kiss on the cheek before placing one hand in the small of my back. I flinched at his touch. Not because he hurt me, but because it was strange to feel a gentle touch from someone that wasn't my parents or Lucy. I didn't really have anyone else apart from them. And right now I didn't even have Lucy.

Me and Joe said our goodbyes, and he called a uber that would take me to my hotel and then take Joe to his and Caspar's flat.

Joe asked the uber driver to wait outside my hotel while he walked me to my room, making sure I got back okay. As I reached my hotel door I opened my bag.

Are you kidding me.

"Could this night get any worse?" I questioned searching my bag.

"What's up love?" Joe asked in concern.

"I thought I was forgetting something when I was getting ready to leave to come to yours, only happened to be my fucking key card didn't it?" I said, angry at myself. What the hell am I gonna do now. Its not like I can go to Lucy's room, considering she's 'with' Caspar.

"I'll have to go down to reception" I tried to continue, but Joe interrupted.

"Well Caspar is through there" Joe said pointing to the bedroom door next to mine "which means there's a free bed at mine, I know you don't know me well and were worried about Lucy going off with Caspar because she didn't know him well enough, but I mean the offer for a one night stand stands" at his huge mistake at the end of his offer, Joe's eyes widened!

"Shit no no no I meant the offer to stay the night stands,not for a one night stand!! Shit I'm sorry I promise I didn't it like that" Joe tried to explain.

I couldn't help but laugh at his tremendous hiccup.

"Hahaha lets go the uber is waiting" I giggled, linking arms with Joe as we made our way back to the uber.