"Always happy to help"

"And breathe" laughed Stephanie as she got off her stool and I followed suit. "You did amazing, and for your first interview! I've interviewed more experienced who weren't so calm and collective" she continued gathering her things.

"Really? You think I came across okay?" I asked tentatively.

"Honestly yes, for the public's first view of you this was amazing, now go and enjoy yourself" she reassured me.

I gathered my things but before I left I asked for a photograph with Stephanie so that I could post it to promote my interview. Stephanie said she would send Maddy a draft half an hour prior to publication, which would be tomorrow- 26th October 2014.

As I stood in the metal lift that was transporting me back to ground floor I called an Uber to take me back to my hotel. It was now about 1:30 and I wanted to use my hotels gym prior to tomorrow when I would shoot for V.S. When I got in my taxi I called Maddy but she didn't answer and so instead I called my parents to tell them how my interview went. By the time I had been interviewed by my parents about my interview I was back at my hotel room getting out my sports clothes. We ended the phone call and I got changed.

My nike black running leggings clung tightly to my legs, a pastel pink sports bra was covered slightly by a thin, v necked, white, stretchy t-shirt. I tied my trainer laces and grabbed a pair of headphones and my phone.

I descended the hotel stairs to the ground floor where the gym was. The dark mahogany wood reception seemed grand as the afternoon sun shone then the revolving door. The dark green and rick res carpet softened every step I took, as I walked past the reception I glanced over at the man who earlier that morning had addressed me by my full name.

As i looked over his eyes were already on mine and he gestured me over. I stopped my journey towards the hotel gym, intrigued by what the mysterious receptionist wanted.

"Hello Madam." His deep voice seemed to be oddly quiet yet loud at the same time. "It's y/n isn't?" He didn't wait for a response, as if he was certain, without doubt he knew exactly who I was. "I have a phone message for you from Maddy, your manager she said she tried to call you but you were engaged and to call her back regarding your interview." He didn't take his eyes off me the whole tike he recited the message, as if he'd been practicing it over and over.

"Okay thank you very much" I said as politely as I could in such a weirdly uncomfortable situation.

"Always happy to help." He replied and the tone and expression he said if with lead me to believe that this was all too true.

AN
What do you think is up with the receptionist?