Going home

I got another room key from the hotel receptionist and went into my room.

I grabbed the quickest shower of my life. I quickly changed into black jeans and wore Joes pink jumper. I threw my wet hair in a messy bun. I packed the rest of my clothes into my case and put my phone on charge, ready for the flight later on.

As i was packing I heard a knock my door. I stopped what i was doing and went to my door, already knowing who was on the other side.

Lucy.

Her eyes were red as if she'd been crying. Her hair was messy and her face was bare of any makeup. She was wearing her oldest comfiest jumper. We had matching ones we brought them when we were 16, but Mark had ripped it after an argument. It was black and had simply had a pink rose embroidered on the left arm.

"I can't begin to say how sorry I am, and if you're mad or angry or sad I I I" Lucy was pushing back the tears "I'm just so sorry and I really really mean it you're my best friend and I love you" she sniffed

I didn't say a word I just pulled her in closely and tightly for a hug. I knew everyone could say things they didn't mean and caught up in the moment after a few drinks. Me and Lucy had been through too much for me to let a small argument get in the way of everything.

"I love you too, now are you all packed?" I asked as let go of her and turned around to zip up my case.

"Yeah I've been packing all morning. I woke up at 7" she replied slumping on the bed next to my case, fiddling with the sleeve of her tattered comfy jumper

"7? That's not like you to get up so early, what was it a hangover?" I asked walking round my room checking around in case I'd left anything anywhere.

"No. It was more like a door slam" she said, starting to sniffle

"What do you mean?" I questioned sitting on the bed next to my clearly upset friend.

"Caspar left early without even saying goodbye" she broke down in tears " you were right I shouldn't have left with him, I've made myself seem like a right slut" she cried

I took her into my arms and felt her tears soak Joe's jumper, her sobbing body shook in my arms. "Luc don't be silly, you know we both said things we didn't mean last night, and I didn't mean that. Listen to me you are not a slut, your nothing of the sort so don't you dare think you are. Maybe he was in a rush for a meeting or maybe he just couldn't see what he could have had? Okay?" I said and took her by the shoulders making her look me in the face. "Now you go and grab your many bags and I'll sort us an Uber to the airport" I said kicking her out of my room jokingly and gathering the rest of my things.

The uber and the plane ride back to Cornwall seemed to fly by, my head was filled with everything that had happened this weekend; meeting the management team, being considered for Victoria's secret, meeting Joe and Casper and everyone else, having a 'fan experience', going to Joe's birthday, the argument with Lucy. It had been a crazy weekend and I had a feeling this was just a taster of what was in store.