A day in London

I woke up the next morning to an exciting knocking at the door. I got out of bed to find an energetic Lucy standing fully clothed with a full face of makeup ready for the day. When she saw me standing there half asleep in my pjs her face dropped.

"What are you doing not dressed its 9 o clock" she questioned pushing her way into my room and flung the curtains open exposing a busy London beneath me.

"Exactly. Its 9 o'clock it's still a time to be asleep I replied rubbing my eyes like a child. And shutting my door with my foot.

"No come on its time to show you round London. Grab a shower and get dressed." She declared. Sitting on my bed opening up my laptop to watch a film.

I grabbed my towel and jumped in the shower. I used one of the shower caps they provided to avoid getting my hair wet as lucy had plaited it yesterday. I was about 5 minutes in the shower as i only clean my body. As I climbed out I wrapped my self in a fluffy white towel and walked into my room. Lucy sat with her legs stretched out on the bed my laptop resting upon her legs watching beauty and the beast. It was our favourite.

I grabbed a pair of black pants and a black bra. I walked into the bathroom and put them on. I hung my towel up. I then walked in the bedroom again in my bra and pants.

Me and Lucy did this a lot. We were close we were best friends. She had seen my looking worse than this. She had seen me covered my bruises scarred and broken laying helplessly. Seeing me in my bra and pants was nothing.

I pulled on a black denim skirt and black opaque tights. Over my head i pulled a black and white striped t shirt the sleeves reached the middle of my lower arm.

I walked over the small dressing table that was in the room and reached for my makeup bag. I pulled off the shower cap and tossed it in the bin.

I applied my foundation, concealer. Then i curled my lashes and painted them black with mascara. I applied a cat eye of eye liner. Adding highlight to my cheekbones bones I finally added some nude lipstick. I left my hair in the plaits and decided when we went out later I would take the plaits out. They still looked neat.

I put on the new trainers that Lucy had bought me yesterday. I grabbed my coat, bag and phone while Lucy powered off my laptop. We left my room and made our way down stairs.

Neither of us were breakfast people and we decided we'd skip it and grab lunch instead we ordered a taxi into central London to sight see. Lucy had planned the whole day.

While on the drive we drove past Gleam. The traffic became really bad outside of it and we were congested just outside of it.

I glanced at the glass office and noticed about 5/6 people in a group. There were 4 boys and two girls. At least two were filming themselves-vlogging. I looked at the small crowd and noticed joe. I didn't want to roll down the window and shout in fear of embarrassment. And then I remembered i had his number.

Joe: Wave!! X -send

I noticed him look down at his phone in a puzzled manner-shit he didn't have my number.

Joe: Its y/n from yesterday X -send

He looked down again a look of realisation hitting his face he looked up. By now he was parallel with the taxi.

I waved through the window and he saw me. He stopped and the group crashed into him and followed his gaze to the taxi where me and Lucy were. He waved back and the rest of the group seemed puzzled as to who i was. Until one of the girls with brown hair said "wait i swear that's y/f/n, you know the girl who Maddy now manages"

Everyone else's face seemed to understand who she meant and they nodded and smiled.

The group carried on and I could partially hear them. A man who was holding hands with the girl who recognised me said "Joe did she text you, is that who you knew she was there."
The girl who had linked hands with him said "awww has my broseph joe finally got a love interest"

And then the cab pulled away leaving the group behind with me as the topic of conversation.

"What the hell is a broseph" Lucy questioned pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Huh uh I don't know no idea" I replied glancing down at my phone, I'd just received a reply from Joe.

Joe: Are you heading into Gleam today? X

You: No I'm sight seeing with Lucy- I've never been to London before! X

Joe: Never been to London?! Haha okay have fun. Theres a nice wagamama's in the centre they do nice food-think there is like a deal on tonight. X

You: Okay thanks! X

By the time I'd finished my conversation we had reached our destination the London eye.