The start

I got a text back from my Dad saying to pop round. I'd printed off my contract and had signed it, I just needed to post it off to the gleam office in London, there was a post office in my parents village so I decided to post it there. I gathered my letter, handbag and phone and slipped on some nude gloss heels and got my keys.

I closed the door to my one bedroom flat. I hated my flat it wasn't where i saw my self at 20 I should be nearing the end of my law degree not living above a holiday shop in Newquay.

I walked to my little red fiat, it was run down and needed some desperate tlc but between rent, insurance and bills I couldn't afford a new car. I threw my bag on the passenger seat and started the short drive to my parents village just outside of Newquay.

I stopped at the village post office first and pulled over. I reached over into my bag and grabbed the envelope containing my contract for gleam. I walked to the post box and felt the cold red metal against my hands and I prepared to let go of the lily white letter that could change my future. And as if a wave of recklessness washed over me i let the envelope go and sit among the other letters. I breathed a sign of relief that wasn't as hard as I thought. "Part one of saying goodbye" I said to myself as I clutched the ring on a chain around my neck whilst walking back to my car.

I continued the short drive to my parents house. I loved where they lived, it was the village where i grew up and where i had my first job and where I'd spent most of my life. I loved it it was so peaceful and scenic compared to the hustle of Bristol. I tried to push Bristol out of my mind as i reached the front door.

I knocked on the door, i knew I didn't have my key it was still in one of my boxes at home. "Y/n" Dad pronounced arms wide open ready for an embrace. I never felt safer than i did when in the grasp of my dad. I knew he always wanted what was best for me. "Ohhhh my little girl there she is" mum said pulling me in for a hug as my dad shut the front door.

I had a cup of tea and some shop bought cake with my parents. My mum hated baking but would always pretend she'd made them even though the packet was in the bin of the receipt was sticking out of her pocket. My mum and her antics were the reason why she was my best friend. I couldn't relate with anyone better and knew i was lucky for such a good relationship with them.

After serval cups of tea and explaining what an instagram post was and how the interview was my parents seemed please and told me to seize the opportunity while it was present!

I said goodbye to my parents and planned to get an early night for my photo shoot tomorrow.