Shipped Off

I knocked on the door. "Come in!" Christian's voice came through the door.

Slowly opening the door before closing it behind me and taking the seat, I had taken a few weeks before.

"So, how are things?" I stared at him, biting my lip as he asked the question. Should I lie? "Honest truth."
"It could've gone better." It was true, it could've. Maybe a lot better.
"What you mean, could have been better?" His tone was surprised.
"I think, well it's more feel. So I feel like he, Max, doesn't want me around." I scratched my neck. "Mr. Horner, I think I am not going to have a nice work experience with him. Neither one of us will."
"Jade, Chris is the name and we've known each other for more than a year." He folded his arms. "I think you've got the talent so you've got to coop with him."
"Yes sir." I nodded while my eyes turned to the desk. "Chris?"
"Mmh?"
"Can this stay between us?"
"If he hasn't changed by next month it won't." He stated. Just great.
"Two months?" I could always try.
"A month, Jade." I nodded in reply. Got it. "You're free to leave."

I got up and a loud sigh escaped my lips.

"Jaden?"
"Nothing sir, see you soon." I opened the door and got out. Just to walk into Max. Just great.
"Watch it!" He sneered.
"Sorry." I mumbled how was I going to change it within a month.
"Dude, chill out." Daniel replied.

I just rushed past them, to the little girls room and broke down. What did I do wrong

"Jaden?"

I didn't reply.

"You are an ass." The Aussie's voice came through the door. "What the fuck did she ever do to you, that your messed up girlfriend is a jealous... Lady doesn't mean you have to take it out on her."

I opened the door and pulled the Australian in. I pushed my head into his chest and just let the tears go.

-Max

What Daniel said was true, I sneered at her for no reason. She ran off then pulled Dan in the womens toilet and I guess from the sobs, she let her frustration out in tears. Mikaela was jealous, couldn't blame her but still it was annoying and frustrating. Jaden could cook a decent meal, she was beautiful and she understood just as much about driving as Mikaela herself. I had leaned against the wall across from the toilets. The thing about Mikaela was, she was well fit, smart and a good... Lay. And Jaden was probably the same but she was a hard worker, she made time for the one she cared about, Daniel, and she could cook. I was wondering if she told Horner about how I've been treating her. She did get out of his office, maybe she quit. If she did, I would have to do it on my own. She cried as she ran off.  I found myself staring at the door. Maybe I should just tell Mikaela off at times. The girl is just doing her job and maybe a tat bit more.

-Jaden.

Dan let me cry all over his shirt. I had said sorry so many times he just told me to shut up and picked me off the floor. He carried me out the door, I saw Max standing there just waiting for us, hands in his pockets, head hung low.

"Hi Chris, I'll be off for today." Daniel stated. "I'll take this midget with me."
"Oh okay." His voice sounded a bit shocked. "Jaden, you wanna empty your heart to me first?"

I didn't reply.

"The three of you inside." His tone was stern.

A sigh left my lips. I should've said no.

Dan had settled me on a chair closest to the window.

"So what's the deal?"
"You should ask Verstappen." I said quietly. "He's been a prick since day one."
"Excuse me?" Max replied.
"I'm doing this for the fame, I get told off for jack shit." I sounded emotionless, nothing like myself. "I don't want to get famous by you. Since I made name by myself years back and I quit that for being YOUR camera girl, YOUR video editor and cooking YOUR dinner for YOU and YOUR girlfriend."

It stayed quiet. Horner stared at me.

"You cooked for him?" Horner questioned.
"They were fighting over food, FOOD for crying out loud." I got mad so I bit my lip. "I don't want to continue this job. Chris."
"No, you can't." Dan butted in. "You'll join my editor."
"It's all good, princess." I stood up. "Call me when needed."
"Jaden..." Max stared at me.
"Jade, sit down." Chris folded his arm.

Not sure if I should or shouldn't listen. So I just sat down, back to staring out the window.

"You aren't quitting and Max, if she wanted to be famous, she'd been in front of the camera." Horner sighed. "You figure shit out with your ego within the next week, Max. And Jade, you go to Seb to figure out what you want."
"Well what if I don't want to go to Seb?"
"You're going to Seb, tickets will be ready by tomorrow." I stared at Chris.
"You're fucked now." Daniel muttered as Max stared at me. "He'll go mental."
"It's not fair, Christian." I pointed out to him.
"Life's not fair, boo."
"Oh I've noticed since I've been working for your driver!"
"I know." He shrugged.

I just sat there, I've sat there for an hour. The drivers had left about 40 minutes back.  Horner had been working, with me in the room.

"Seb agreed."
"Oh." Was all I could say.
"Why aren't you happy?"
"We haven't spoken for months." He was so angry last time we spoke, not sure if I was to blame.
"I see." Horner nodded, understanding where my worrying came from. "He seemed excited about it."
"Yeah." A quiet sound left my lips.
"Just go, you'll be fine."