Second Chance At Love: Chapter 2

Here it is! Chapter 2! I hope you like it more!

Chapter 2:

"Oh! Tears and smiles everyday! Heart breaks when they walk away! Knowing it will never beeeee the saaaammeeee! Cold winter nights spent alone, memories that chill the bone! Wondering why the tears weren't enough, enough to melt the coldest heart to love!" I sang along loudly to the music while putting on the finishing touches to my makeup.

Damon and I were going to a summer bash with some of our school friends.

"Why are you putting on makeup? The Sydney's have a pool," my mom asked, sitting down on my bed.

"Nobody actually swims, Mom," I replied, smiling to myself over my mom's innocent but naïve question. Only the drunk teens swim, but I couldn't tell my mom that.

"Why not? It's so hot out!" She asked.

"Who really know? If it's not called a pool party nobody swims," I answered, applying my favorite lipgloss, "People are weird."

"That's true," she said seriously, thinking over what I had said.

I chuckled quietly. I loved my mom. She's so easy to get along with, and because of that we're really close.

"So do you like Damon?" my mom asked with a thoughtful look on her face.

I looked at her through the mirror questioningly.

"Of course I do," I stated obviously.

"No, not like that!" my mom exclaimed, "Like 'like like' him!"

I cracked up laughing.

"Umm no, Mom, we're just friends." I replied.

My mom rolled her eyes a little too exaggeratedly.

"Sure sure, I can totally tell that he has -

"Knock knock!" Damon yelled, knocking on my open bedroom door.

I flashed a glare at my mom.

"Hey Damon, come on in," I said, as he was taking a seat on my couch, "Okay, never mind," I said to myself quietly.

He grinned," Almost ready?" He asked with much enthusiasm.

"Yes sir, but you look like you could use a little more time," I teased.

"Hey! That's mean!" he yelled!

My mom rolled her eyes again as she walked out my door.

"Have fun kiddos."

"Thanks, Mom," I replied, shoving some lipgloss and my cellphone into my sparkly purple clutch. I was wearing a short yellow and purple flowered skirt, with a yellow tank. I had some yellow flats on to top it off.

"You look nice," Damon stated.

"Thanks!" I replied, looking at what he was wearing. He had green and blue plaid shorts on, and a nice green polo.

"You do too."

He smiled sweetly, "Let's go!"

I took a quick last look in my mirror as I walked out. Not bad.

Damon and I climbed into his blue Nisson Titan. Big truck. Ha, Damon always was a truck guy.

"I think this is the first time I've ridden in your new truck."

I looked around. It was a nice truck!

Damon grinned at me.

"Isn't it great? I'm in love with it!" he said proudly.