Second Chance At Love: Chapter 10

NEXT CHAPTER IS UPPPPPP! PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE! this one might be a little slow.

If it wouldn't let you read chapter 9, its cuz its marked as private cuz of language or sexual content or something. idk. it wouldnt let me change it. so sorry but youll have to become a fan to read it. its important though, so dont just skip it.

Chapter 10:

The last few weeks of summer dwindled slowly. I had contacted NYU and they allowed me to enroll even with my late acceptance. So now I was sitting around waiting for summer to end and school to begin, hoping that maybe I could start over. Fat chance.

Neither Taylor nor my family had contacted me recently. Sad to say, Taylor didn't try to contact me at all. Guess he was just letting go.

I flew to New York before the semester began and got settled in my dorm. I had a week before classes started, and no friends to hang out with and nothing to do. My roommate wasn't scheduled to show up for almost a week, so I basically spent the week shopping for clothes and supplies, and freshening up on my basic skills. I knew that college was going to be a drag, but I was hoping that maybe I would meet some new friends. Not a guy who was going to fall in love with me and then be heartbroken when I leave though. I just needed to fill my time up, so that I wasn't left with my own thoughts, wandering about the past, longing for what I couldn't have anymore.

I walked out of the office at NYU on the 2nd to last day of break before classes started and headed back to my dorm. It was a nice campus. Plus it was pleasant to walk around, considering the nice weather New York had. Not what I was used to with Arizona. Students were starting to arrive, so it was a lot more packed than it had been in the past week. I walked around a group of students mingling, laughing and joking with each other, and I longed for Damon. Well, not Damon, but someone like him. I had just felt so alone for so long now, and I needed to chill out and move on. Easier said than done.

I opened my dorm room door and saw a tall auburn haired girl setting her stuff up on the other side of the room.

She turned around as I walked in.

"Hey! I was wondering when you were going to be here! I saw you already unpacked everything. My name's Cassidy! It's great to meet you." She said holding her hand out and grinning.

I shook her hand and smiled shyly back. Her smile was sort of contagious.

"I'm Monica," I said.

"Hi Monica," she said happily, "So when did you get here?" she asked, going back to unpacking her stuff.

"Umm.. about a week ago."

"Really? Why did you come so early?" she asked me.

"Nowhere else to go," I said, "Plus I wanted to have some time to do some shopping and stuff before classes began."

"That makes sense. Where are you from?" she asked.

"Tucson, Arizona. How about you?" I replied.

"Ooh I bet it's hot there," she said, placing folded clothes into her wardrobe, "I'm from Tennessee."

"Awesome," I said, right as somebody knocked on the door.

"Come in!" Cassidy yelled.

The door opened and two girls stood outside. A tall blonde one, and a short Japanese one.

"Hey, we live in the dorm right across from yours, so we thought we'd introduce ourselves," the blonde one said, "I'm Mary."

"And I Kimi," the Japanese one piped.