Second Chance At Love: Chapter 37

• Dedicated to Myself! I finished an entire book :)

ITS THE LAST CHAPTER GUYS! AFTER THIS IT'S JUST THE EPILOGUE.

Please comment and vote!

Chapter 37:

I jerked to attention as the cars honked behind me. Geez people, I only zoned out at a stoplight. It's not like I killed someone.

I glared at the drivers from my rearview mirror and pressed on the gas, starting very slowly just to piss them off.

I maneuvered my way through the late afternoon traffic, worried that I'd be late in picking Damon up. It was his last day of college till after summer, and his car was in the shop. I had been driving him the last couple days.

Finally I pulled up outside the college, texting Damon to tell him I was outside.

Marina started whining from boredom in the back seat so I handed her a teething ring. She was six months old now, and I could tell from her aggravation that she was teething.

A few minutes later Damon texted me:

Can you come inside please?

I sighed and parked the car, pulling Marina out and heading inside.

I walked inside the entrance and Damon was standing there, talking to some guy.

He smiled as he saw me approach and reached out his arms for Marina.

"Hey Baby," he said, snuggling her to his chest, he then pecked my lips.

"Hey," I said.