Second Chance At Love: Chapter 21

Heres the next chapter guys! You should feel grateful! It only took me one day to upload! Well anyway, I won't ramble. I hate those people who post like 6 page stories, but then like practically 2 pages is them talking. ugh.

Chapter 21:

"L-lung diseases?" Ryan asked me, "Like cancer?"

I nodded slowly.

"That's one... although there are many. She probably doesn't have cancer because she doesn't smoke."

"Why hasn't she told me?" he asked, his face showing the hurt he felt.

I shrugged, "I don't know. I'll try to get to the bottom of it tomorrow. But for now, we need to leave. We don't want her knowing we followed her."

Ryan nodded sadly, and I put my arm around his waist, pulling him to my car.

"I hope she's not sick. She probably just doesn't want me to worry or something," Ryan reasoned as we drove back to the campus.

"Probably," I told him, "Want me to buy you a milkshake to make you feel better?"

He grinned, "Yeah! How about a car instead?"

I snorted, "Nice try, Buddy. Lets get milkshakes. We could call Cassidy and Mary and Kimi up and see if they want to meet for dinner."

"Okay!" Ryan said, excitedly. He whipped out his phone and called Cassidy first.

She said that she'd be there, and so did Mary and Kimi. We agreed to meet at a different place than Harmony's for once, settling on a nice restaurant a couple blocks away from the campus.

"Remember, don't say anything to them," I told Ryan as we walked into the restaurant, a dimly lit place called Marquita's.

"Of course."

We walked in and looked around, trying to spot the girls.

"Is there anyone here by the name of Mitchell?" I asked the hostess, since Cassidy said she would make the reservation.

"Yes Miss, there are three girls waiting for you this way," she said, grabbing two more menus and leading us to a table by the window.

"Here you go," she said, handing us the menus and walking away.

We took the two empty seats, me placed by Cassidy and Ryan.

"Hey, You," Cassidy said, kissing my cheek.

I grinned, "Where have you been? You didn't come home last night."

Cassidy blushed violently as everyone else laughed.

"That is none of your business," she retorted.

"Looks like someone is getting comfortable with their boyfriend," Ryan teased as he dug into the breadsticks. I'm telling you, that boy can eat!

"Shut up, it's not like that," Cassidy defended, still blushing.

"Oh whatever, we all do it. Who cares? Why are you so shy about it?" Kimi asked, nibbling on a breadstick.

"Yeah Cass, we share info about our sex lives. Why don't you?" I asked her.

"I'm just not comfortable talking to you four about me and Carlton "doing it", that's all."

"Oh so you are doing it?" I asked, smiling.

"Would you shut up?" Cassidy groaned as we all laughed.

We all shut up then as our waiter came to take our drink orders.

"Hello, I'm Chris, I'll be your server for the night. What would you like to drink?" a tall, dark, handsome man asked. He looked about 21 or 22.