Second Chance At Love: Chapter 5

Okay, I have nooo doubt in my mind that this chapter is boring. But it had to happen. It had to cover some things that needed to be covered. So please bear with me. Please comment and vote. Its very discouraging to spend an hour writing a chapter and then to have nobody comment or even vote! Voting takes one click. Thanks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 5:

"Monica! Its already noon, you need to get up! Your sister will be here soon."

I woke up to somebody shaking me. I rolled over and saw Aunt Amy standing by my bed.

"Hmm?" I asked, stretching my arms.

"Your sister's flight lands in two hours. We have to pick her up. Get ready, we're leaving in an hour," she told me.

I threw back the covers and climbed out of bed. The picture I had thrown the night before was still on the floor. Guess Aunt Amy didn't notice it.

I quickly showered and got dressed, putting on shorts and a plaid button down shirt.

I was buttering some toast when Aunt Amy headed out the door.

"I'll be in the car!" she yelled over her shoulder.

It was one o' clock when we got on the road to the airport. Neither of us said anything during the car ride. It was just awkwardly silent. When we were almost there, I decided to say something.

"I'm sorry," I whispered.

"What did you say?" Aunt Amy asked me.

"I said I'm sorry," I said again, "I've been a jerk, and you've been nothing but nice to me. You've been here for me the whole time."

She looked at me sympathetically.

"Sweetheart, it's okay. I know your going through a tough time. I just want you to know I'm here for you always."

"Thank you," I mumbled and continued staring out the window.

When we got to the airport we went straight to luggage where we were meeting Carleigha. I was having a hard time staying still. I was nervous but excited all at the same time. I hadn't seen Carleigha in a long time.

"She's here!" I cried, when I saw her walking around the corner.

She looked really pretty. She was wearing a casual business skirt suit, and her caramel colored hair hung in loose curls around her shoulders. Her face looked sad. If you paid attention, you could definitely tell that she was going through tough times.

I ran to her, "Carleigha!" I yelled.

She smiled and dropped her carry-on bag to hug me.

"I missed you so much, Moni." She whispered.

I smiled. "I missed you too. I'm glad you're here."

We collected her bags, she greeted Aunt Amy, and then we were in the car and on our way home. I was sitting in the back, and Aunt Amy and Carleigha were talking up front. I pulled my phone out of my purse and turned it on for the first time since the accident.

I had a lot of voicemails and text messages. I went through the text messages. There were many from Kate, Stacy, John, and another friend Tammy. They all said pretty much the same thing. 'How are you?' 'You holding up?', 'Omg we're so sorry, can't even imagine how tough this is on you', 'Call me if you need to talk.', 'I'm here for you if you need me.'. And that was basically it.

No messages from Damon. Good. Guess he didn't have any expectations of getting my forgiveness. Because he never will. I shut my phone off and sighed, leaning my head against the window.