Second Chance At Love: Chapter 19

Hey guys. here is the next chapter. Sorry if it totally sucks ass. I kind of have the biggest hangover of my life. I'm so hungover, so I was like why not make Monica hungover? Anyways.... here it is. please comment vote fan you know. blah blah blah.

Chapter 19:

The door to my dorm room slammed shut and I flinched. The pounding in my head was intense and my ears felt like they were going to burst from the noise. I felt like crap.

"Monica Reyes Alvarez! How much longer is this going to go on?" Cassidy yelled at me, making me flinch again and cover my ears with my hands. She was standing at the door with her hands on her hips, and a very unhappy look on her face.

"Please stop screaming. You're going to kill me," I moaned as I took another swig of my alcohol.

"Give me that!" she cried, running to my side and grabbing the bottle from hand.

She walked into the bathroom and poured it down the drain, tossing the bottle into the trash. By the time she came back into the room I had pulled another bottle out from my nightstand and was cracking it open with my teeth.

"Really?" she huffed in anger, "This is pitiful!"

I shut my eyes, trying to block out the light as she yanked the curtains open on this bright Saturday afternoon. I had been hiding out in my room since Wednesday night and my encounter with Damon. I had missed two days of classes.

"Please just leave me alone," I mumbled, setting my bottle down and pulling the covers over my head.

"Monica," Cassidy said to me; her loud voice making my head throb. And really, more than anything at this moment, I just wanted to shoot her.

"Monica, listen to me," Cassidy said. I groaned.

"What happened?" she asked me, "Everything was going great when I saw you Wednesday at dinner, and now you're wallowing in your own drunkenness."

I hadn't told her about mine and Damon's meeting. She would just yell at me for letting him go. "Could you please die?" I asked her. She chuckled.

"Or me," I told her, "You could kill me. Either one would work for me."

"Nobody is dying. You are going to get up and get ready for the day because we're going to do something fun. You're not going to spend another beautiful day getting drunk and watching tragic films."

"They're not tragedies, they're classic chick flicks," I groaned.

"They might as well be tragedies, with the horrible endings they have," Cassidy complained.

I rolled over, trying to smother myself with my pillow. Cassidy was giving me a killer headache and all I wanted was for her to leave.

I could hear her in the bathroom, starting the shower up.

"Come on," she called from in there, "The shower is running, don't waste anymore time. Get up and get ready."

I ignored her call from the bathroom and got up and started searching through my drawers. A minute later Cassidy came out from the bathroom.

"What are you doing?" she asked me. She wrinkled her nose, disgust clear on her face.

"You smell like you were swimming in alcohol. As a matter of fact the whole room does. Now come get in the shower."

I ignored her and continued rummaging through my drawers.

"Monica," she complained, "What are you looking for?"

I ran my fingers through my tangled hair in frustration, "A belt. I want to hang myself," I told her.

Cassidy groaned and grabbed my hand pulling me into the bathroom.