Second Chance At Love: Chapter 17

GUYS IM SO SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG! ILL TRY TO DO BETTER! I've just been soooo busy training for a marathon! Anyways, here is chapter 17 :D

Chapter 17:

"This is it?" I asked, staring up at the humongous Victorian style house, which sat on an acre of property. This house was beautiful. Rising up to a huge 3 stories, gorgeous columns supporting it. Vines were growing up the columns and up the side of the house. A huge porch wrapped around the whole front of the house and around one side to the back. The siding was a deep shade of charcoal gray.

"Yep, this is it," Mr. Deckson replied. He had taken Cassidy and me the next day to see my new house. I wanted to sell it, but I don't think I could after listening to my Aunt Amaya call it her beloved in her will.

"Wow," was all Cassidy said.

I walked up the front steps to the house. The house was beautiful, and in great condition. I slid the key into the lock and turned it slowly. I gasped as I opened the door. Not because it was beautiful, although it definitely was, but because of the shock of seeing the decorating. The house was decorated completely modern. Everything in it looked like a magazine for some celebrity's professionally decorated modern house. It was a lot of black and white, and the living room was black, white, and a brick red. It was gorgeous. I stepped inside, afraid to touch anything. Carlton and Cassidy followed closely behind me.

"It's beautiful," I heard Cassidy say behind me. It really was. I was in awe of the whole thing. Especially considering how old my aunt was. I don't think she could've done this on her own.

I walked through the main floor of the house. It was perfect; everything was move in ready.

"'What am I going to do?" I asked.

"About what?" Cassidy asked confused.

"The house! I can't live in here, I'm going to NYU and I can't sell it."

"You can rent it out," Carlton suggested.

"That's true," I said.

"It's wonderful," Cassidy said as Carlton opened the lid on a grand piano and ran his fingers over the keys.

My mouth was hanging open. It was amazing. I wanted to live here, but that wasn't really an option with college in New York.

We walked around the whole house. It was huge! There were 7 bedrooms and 9 bathrooms. Not to mention the huge beautiful kitchen. I finished walking around the house and sat down on one of the couches in the living room.

"Cass I think we found our vacation house," I said.

"Heck yes!" Cassidy cried.

I went into the kitchen to see what there was to eat, coming up with some chips and some soda, since a lot of the food was bad. When I walked back into the living room Carlton and Cassidy were sitting on the same sofa, talking quietly.

"I live in New York," he said to her.

"Then why were you Amaya's lawyer?" she asked.

"Well because my father was her lawyer, so I knew her growing up. My father died last year and I was just graduating with my degree, and she hired me to take his place."

"Well that was nice of her," Cassidy commented.

"Mhmm... so since she only needed me occasionally I would fly here. But I live in New York City."

Cassidy was grinning.

"Here guys," I said handing them cokes and the bag of barbecue chips, they took them and cracked open their sodas.