Second Chance At Love: Chapter 25

CHAPTER 25 IS UP! WOO WOO WOO! Comment, vote, fan. You all know what to do!

Hope you like it. :)

Chapter 25:

"Are you sure your supposed to eat it?" Cassidy asked, hesitation clear on her face as she sniffed the seaweed strip.

"Yes Cass, it's just like eating lettuce or something. It's a plant," I told her.

Cassidy glanced at me.

"Good heavens. What the hell are you doing?" she asked in a disturbed tone. I looked down to where I was wrapping some heavily salted popcorn into my seaweed.

"Monica, are you really mixing your seaweed and your popcorn together?" she fake gagged while I glared at her.

"It's good," I told her.

"Yeah," she snorted, "Good on the same level as poop. I think I'll stick to the popcorn. Here." She handed me her seaweed and I popped it in my mouth.

"That's disgusting," she exclaimed, tossing some popcorn kernels in her mouth.

"Mmmm" I chewed loudly with my mouth open.

"Ew Monica. Go away," Cassidy whined while I laughed.

"It's good, you really should try it," I told her honestly. She vigorously shook her head no.

"Please just leave me be. All alone with my good old American foods like popcorn and sugary sodas heavily intoxicated with high fructose corn syrup, which will most likely kill me. I'd much rather die after enjoying my time gorging myself on sugary sweets and other delicious delicacies. It sounds much more pleasant than dying after spending my entire life suffering through meals of things like seaweed and tofu. Seriously, who even eats that stuff? Pass me the pop tarts please." She said all in one breath, causing me to laugh as I handed her the brown sugar pop tarts to go along with her popcorn. Personally I really like seaweed and tofu.

"How about a vegetarian omelet?" I asked her, cracking some eggs into a bowl.

"Can you add some sausage and bacon?" she asked me while cramming almost an entire pop tart into her mouth.

I sighed, "How is it vegetarian then?"

"I'm not kidding, why do you eat this stuff? I know you eat meat, so why would you rather eat it vegetarian? It's all so nasty. There are so many good things these days."

I poured the eggs into the skillet, watching it sizzle.

"I like meat, but my very hungry, very pregnant sister up there is a vegetarian. So I'm making it to her liking. Now would you like one or not?" I asked.

She shook her head, "No thanks, I'll stick to the popcorn and pop tarts. Two of the best popped things ever made."

"You don't 'pop' pop tarts, Cass."

"Whatever. Same thing. It 'pops' out of the toaster."

"If you toast it."

"Shut up, Monica!"

I laughed as she opened another pop tart package. That girl has an incredible appetite!

"Where do you put all that food?" I asked.

"In my stomach," she replied very seriously.

A few minutes later Carleigha shuffled down the stairs right as I finished her omelet.

She slumped down on her seat as I set her omelet in front of her.

"Thanks," she replied, looking kind of sick.