Second Chance At Love: Chapter 11

Heres the next chaper. Im leaving for vacation and probably wont be able to get the next chapter up for two weeks, we'll see.

Chapter 11:

I checked the mirror one more time before slipping on my shoes. I was meeting Carleigha in 20 minutes at a small diner that I had already grown fond of.

"Good luck tonight," Cassidy says to me as I grab my purse

I laughed,

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Well it just kind of seems like you and your sister fight a lot. So I'm wishing you luck so that you don't have a scene at Harmony's."

"Thanks, I think I'll be okay," I told her, chuckling to myself.

"No problem, have fun." Cassidy said, not looking up from the shelf where she was organizing her books.

I headed out the door and started the short walk off campus to Harmony's Diner, where we were meeting. I could not believe that Carleigha was pregnant. At first I was a little disappointed in her, but after she left I started to get excited. I was going to have a niece or nephew! I totally could live that. It would be so much fun to spoil him or her.

I pushed open the door to the diner and looked around. I smiled when I saw Carleigha waving me over, and headed to her table.

"Hey Babe," she said to me, handing me a menu as I sat down.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" I asked.

Carleigha laughed.

"I'm not that far along in the pregnancy."

"That's true," I said, "So when does your flight leave?" I asked her.

"Not till after six. No rush." She said.

The waitress came then, and we both ordered some lunch.

"So do you want it to be a boy or a girl?" I asked her.

"I really don't know. I would be happy with either," she said, grinning.

"Your really excited about this aren't you?" I said, smiling back.

She nodded and I laughed.

"I hope you feel the same way after it's born."

"I'm trying not to get ahead of myself," she said.

We didn't talk much as we ate our food. As much I hated to admit it, we really didn't have that much to talk about. We haven't gotten along most of our lives, only recently had we become friends.

"So classes start tomorrow?" Carleigha asked me, taking a bite of her salad.

"Yeah..." I said sighing.

Carleigha looked up at me.

"You don't sound that excited." She said, curiously.

"That's because I'm not." I told her.

"I think you'll like it. I felt the same way before I -" Carleigha said, stopping in the middle of her sentence.

I looked up at her to see her glaring out the window and then she raised her hand, and waved at someone as if to tell him or her to leave.

I turned quickly, only to see my dad standing outside the window of the diner. Oh my gosh.

I turned back to Carleigha.

"What the hell?" I yelled at her, "Really? We were just starting to get along!"

"I'm sorry Monica," she said, "Please don't get mad about this. Dad really just wants to talk to you. He's worried!"