Second Chance At Love: Chapter 30

Yeah yeah. Next chapter already. I have a lot of free time right now, so I'm trying to get stuff up.

Chapter 30:

My eyes fluttered open the next morning, and the first thing that crossed my mind was how amazing it felt to be wrapped in Damon's arms, our legs entangled, my lips pressed against the side of his semi-naked body. Marina had only gotten me up once last night. I had slept amazingly. I could tell by Damon's breathing that he was awake, but I didn't say anything.

"Good morning," he said, holding me tighter.

"How'd you know I was awake?" I asked, trailing my fingers up and down his bare chest. I was satisfied when I felt him shiver.

"Mmm... You kissed my chest."

I burst out laughing, "I did?"

He chuckled, "Yeah, you did."

I propped myself up on my elbows.

"What time is it?" I asked.

He looked over on the nightstand.

"It's early still. Seven fifteen."

I lay back down and snuggled closer, my fingers still trailing down his chest.

"You're a tease," Damon said, shivering.

I laughed, "How so?"

He turned serious and pulled me closer so my face was near his.

"You don't know how badly I want you," he whispered huskily, which in turn sent shivers down my body.

I gulped, "I think I have a good idea," I whispered back. I loved Damon, but I wasn't ready for that. I wasn't even sure I was ready for a serious relationship."

Damon laughed and laid back, closing his eyes.

I was tracing patterns on his chest, trying to think of a way to say what was on my mind.

"Damon?" I said cautiously.

"Hmm?"

"Umm..." I started, biting my lip. Damon's eyes shot open.

"What's wrong?" he said, nervously.

"I - I just need to take things slow," I spit out.

He grinned; looking relieved.

"Of course, as slow as you need," he leaned up and placed a kiss under my ear, "I would never pressure you into anything, Monica," he said.

I sighed happily and kissed him lightly on the lips. He started to deepen the kiss when I heard Marina cry through the monitor.

I pulled away with a sigh.

"Stay here," I said, climbing out of the bed, "I'll be right back."

"Do you want me to come?" he asked.

"No. I'll be back."

He nodded and I pulled a hoodie on over my cami and headed towards Marina's room.

"Hey Girly," I said, picking her up and heading downstairs to get her bottle.

We heated up her bottle and headed back to my room.

"Hey," I said, walking in with Marina and the bottle. He shot up.

"Can I do it?" he asked excitedly.

I grinned, "Of course."

I set Marina in his lap and crawled in next to him, covering us with the comforter.