Chapter 19: But Not with You

I woke up from my little nap when the doctor entered the room. Yzian's fever  subsided and vomitting stopped. But those rushes in her arms are still in there. She still looked pale but not as pale as yesterday. Erik went home prior to his commitments early this morning and he promised that he'll be back tonight hopeful for some kind hearted people to donate a little bit of their blood.

The doctor checked on her and requested to collect her pee and stool when she wakes up.

"Since her platelet, still unstable we need to pursue the blood transfusion....." the doctor spoke after she adjusted the rate of the IV fluid.

My mood immediately changed when I remembered we havent found any.---
"Pero doc wala pa po kaming nahahanap na donor..."

"...kaya din ako pumunta dito because the laboratory said that there's someone donated his blood for your child! Very compatible sila. Actually, on process na yung releasing nung blood sa lab. and once na matapos na, itratransfuse na agad sa bata!" Masiglang sabi ng doktor.

I sighed out of relief, because someone with a good heart crosses the labortory and donated his or her blood for my baby. Sa tuwa ko ay napayakap nalang ako sa kanya.

"Talaga doc? Wow salamat po. Pwede ko bang malaman kung sino po yung nagdonate? Para naman po mapasalamatan ko"

"Umm wait, andito yata yung cross match form nila..." she checked her chart and flipped the pages.

"oh, daddy pala niya eh." She looked up to me and smiled.

I left in there froze after she showed to me the compatibility testing result.

Patient: Yziandrea Carmella Rhed Go F/3yrs
Donor: Christian Joseph Bautista

Relation: Father
Result:  C O M P A T I B L E

The doctor smiled and left the room. The word father on that sheet of paper regained all my drained energy. After that encounter last night, I gave up that idea of him recognizing her to be his child. I gave up the idea of him being a father to yzian.

---------------------------
Ian's pov

Iam outside the room staring only on a small glass on the door. As i heard from the doctor, katatapos lang nilang salinan ng dugo yung bata. The colors on her cheek and lips turned pink and its now smiling while shin is feeding her. Shes laughing like those needles didnt hurt. Shes smiling from ear to ear like her head didnt hurt. Shes making kwento to her mom like she havent seen her for too long.

Yzian, my darling yzian. Its such a shame not knowing the existence of this child. My child.

I let out a harsh sigh and a big smile before I enter the room.

Bakas sa mukha ng dalawa ang pagkabigla ng makita nila ako. Lalo na si Yzian. Her eyes twinkled and called me name too loud and energenic from a child who has gone through blood transfusion.

"Tito ian!!!!"

Though she cant run towards me, I felt her excitement from the four walls of the room as her voice echoed. In return, I came closer to her and hugged her real tight. Hug that felt like my life is dependent on it. I feel so complete with that warm hug.

Hug that no matter how strange it is, it felt so right.

I break away from the hug and brought out my little surprise for her. Theres a little teddy bear, fruits and a pink ballon. How i love to see how those little tired eyes twinkled.