Chapter 40: Heartbeat for Yzian

"Erik, listen. I need you to help me sell my house in Jakarta and the house in Tagaytay. We need to find a buyer within 72hrs. Kung hindi, mamatay ang ko!" Ito ang pambungad na salita ni Ian kay Erik after several dials on his phone. Marahil ay nasa trabaho ito kaya hindi niya ito agad nasagot.

"What???!! Bakit anong nangyari? How was she? How was Shin?" Sunod sunod naman niyang tugon.

"WE NEED 10MILLION US DOLLARS FOR HER OPERATION! Erik yung bata. Mamamatay yung bata pag hindi tayo magmamadali. PLEASE!" Hindi na alam ni Ian pa ang gagawin. Una, pinabenta na niya kay Carlo yung shared stocks niya sa firm company niya pagkatapos ay pinabenta nadin niya yung Farm nila sa Davao. Kung tutuusin, pag nabenta ang lahat ng mga ito, sapat na iyon para sa operasyon ng bata pero ni isang kusing wala na siyang mga negosyong babalikan pa. But it is impossible to sell those properties ng mabilisan.

"WHAT THE HELL! WHERE IN THE FUCKING WORLD SHOULD WE GET  500 MILLION PESOS IAN!! Your house in Jakarta cosses only 185M & 120M in tagaytay! 205M lang yun! Wala pa sa kalahati. And in 72hrs??? Walang taong bibili ng ganon kamahal na bahay!"  Ian hardly pulled his hair back. Kung pwede lang siyang sumigaw sa loob ng ospital ay kanina pa niyang nagawa.

"I dont know what to do anymore bro. If I could sell myself for my daughter kanina palang sana ginawa ko na." Napaubo nalang si Ian malapit sa waiting area.

"...How about you post it on social media? Im sure madaming tutulong sa inyo. Bro, Yzian's life is too precious not be saved. Madami tayong mga kaibigan sa industria Ian, matutulungan nila tayo. Kung sa pagbenta lang ng bahay mo tayo aasa, siyam siyam ang aabutin natin diyan." Ian looked up and let out a heavy sigh. He ended the call.

Agad niya itong sinabi kay Shin at pumayag naman ito. Ian made more calls to help him out. Ian also explained to his family about his situation. About Shin, and Yzian. Mommy Jo can't help herself but to feel guilty of all the things that she has done with Shin. And now She's determined to set all things straight between her and Shin and to help fund Yzian's operation.

Ian shared a page of Yzian entitled HEARTBEAT FOR YZIAN. It is made by Tanya. It includes there her journey fighting her juvenile cardiovascular disease. And the amount needed to accumulate in the span of 72 hours.

This post was being retweeted, and shared over the internet across the globe. It is the headline on the newspapers, publications and international news. The hashtag Heartbeat for Yzian trended on twitter worldwide. Several artists from the Philippines donated and auctioned their stuffs for Yzian. The Champs also did a 2-night concert all proceeds will go to Yzian. And even Cameron Machintosh himself donated a tremendous amount of money for Yzian.

Trully, the internet took over again. Calls come and go on Shin and Ian's phone. Kahit pa yung Filipino community sa London ay nagsagawa rin misa para sa bata.

24hrs. Has been passed and Yzian's situation is getting worse. Base sa pag monitor ng doktor, her heart rate is increased at kitang kita mo yon sa mata ng bata. Shin is frequently asking her if shes okay but despite her catching her breath, she just nood her head.

"...Her lungs are failing. Her lungs cannot compensate anymore with the fast beating of her heart." The doctor started. "Thats why she has a hard time breathing. We need to sedate her."

Shin hold unto Ian like her life is depended on him. Sa panahong ito, hindi na nila alam ang gagawin pa para sa bata. Dahil ang tanging paraan nalang ay ang operasyon niya.