Chapter 22: The birth

Chapter 22

-Katniss-

The doctor comes in again.

"Okay Annie, you ready to be a mother?" He asks. "Because you're ready to give birth now".

I smile at Annie. She's finally gonna be a mother. Her son is going to be born now.

"I hope I am", Annie pants.

They start to prepare her and I take Annie's hand.

"Okay when the next contraction comes, I need you to start pushing Annie", the doctor tells her and she nods.

I feel her grip tighten when the contraction comes and then she starts pushing.

"OWWW!" She roars as she pushes.

"Good, keep pushing Annie", the doctor says. "Push harder, you need to help him get out, push!"

"WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE I'M DOING, ASSHOLE?!" Annie roars.

The doctor doesn't seem to care about that Annie called him an asshole. He must be hearing that a lot from women giving birth.

Annie's body relaxes a bit. The contraction must be over.

"In the next contraction I need you to push harder Annie", the doctor says.

The next one comes and Annie pushes.

I swear that every bone in my hand are now broken.

"Good Annie, push! Keep pushing", the doctor says.

"I CAN'T! I JUST CAN'T HE'S TO BIG, I'M NEVER GONNA GET HIM OUT!" Annie roars.

"Yeah you are, you can do this Annie, you're so strong, you can do this", I tell her. "You're amazing Annie, you truly are".

With my other hand I wipe away Annie's tears. But she keeps on crying.

"This hurts so much", she yells.

"I know", the doctor and I both say at the same time.

"But push harder!" The doctor says.

"I FUCKING CAN'T!" She roars. "HOW BIG IS THIS KID?!"

Her grip on my hand gets even tighter and now it hurst so much that my legs actually can't keep me up. I'm now standing on my knees. Damn, this girl is strong!

"Katniss you okay?" Annie pants.

"Yeah, don't care about me", I say, but really I want to cry out in pain. But that wouldn't be good. I know that Annie is in much more pain then me at the moment. So I force my tears back and stand up again. "Push Annie, you can do this, believe me ... You're strong!"

"I can see the head crowning, come on Annie!" The doctor informs us.

"You hear?! You're almost there Annie, just don't give up, don't, keep pushing!" I shout happily.

"I CAN'T!" Annie roars. "DON'T YOU GET THAT?"

"Yes you can Annie", the doctor says.

"YOU'RE NOT THE ONE TO TELL ME WHAT I CAN OR CAN'T DO, ASSHOLE!" Annie roars.

I dry Annie's forehead with my sleeve.

"But I am!" I say. "And I tell you that you can do this Annie!"

Annie just screams without any words when she gives everything she has in one push.

"The head is out!" The doctor informs us. "One more push Annie!"

Annie rests a second before she refills her body with all the straight she's mighty. Her grip on my hands knocks me down on my knees again and I just stay there because her grip only gets more and more painful, so I can't bring myself to stand up again.

Annie starts to push again.

"Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh..." Both Annie and I scream, Annie much higher than me of course, I scream because Annie now squeezes my hand so hard that I actually can hear a crack sound.

Than we hear the beautiful scream of a newborn baby.

Annie's son is here. He's here.

The doctor holds up him. He's covered in blood and some other stuff I really don't wanna know what it is. But no matter what he's covered in, he's beautiful.

Annie talked to me and Peeta a couple of days ago. She told us that she wanted us as godparents to her son. Of course we said yes. It would really be an honor, I told her. And I now witnessed the birth of my godson.

This moment is just so beautiful. Even though my hand hurts like crazy.

"Katniss you wanna cut the umbilical cord?" The doctor asks.

At first I'm shocked. But I smile and nod.

I stand up. Annie releases her grip of my hand and I carefully rub some life in it, before walking up to the doctor.

God, it really feels like my hand is dead! Not kidding.

I take the scissor in my other hand and I cut the umbilical cord. It feels weird to cut the umbilical cord. I can't put it in words ... Just weird.

A nurse takes the baby away from the doctor.

"No, where are you taking my son?!" Annie starts to cry.

I rush over to her side and take her hand again.

"Shhh... They're just gonna clean him up sweetie", I tell her.

She nods and I wipe her tears.

"You were so strong Annie, you should be very, very proud", I say. "You just gave birth to a beautiful baby boy".

Annie smiles tired and the door opens and the nurse comes back with a little bundle. A baby boy in a blue blanket and a blue hat on his head.

He gives the baby to Annie who cries again. This time of happiness. I can tell.

I look at the beautiful, but also very chubby baby. Annie was right, he's really big. He takes my finger and my heart just melts.

His is eyelids flutter open for the very first time and I gasp.

Those eyes are copies of Finnicks. And on the little hair this baby has, I can see that the color is bronze. And on the face I can see that he looks a lot like Finnick. This really is Finnick Odairs son. Oh god.

Annie cries even more.

"I knew it", she whispers as she hugs her son carefully. "I just knew it".

"You chose a names yet?" I ask low.

She nods.

"A shorter one of Finnick", she says. "This is Finn".

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

🖋1006✒️

Soooo FINN IS BORN. YEEEY HAPPINESS!!

Did anyone else feel the happness when Finn was born? I felt so much happiness.

And who knew that Annie was so strong, she even knocked Katniss down to the floor xD

Haha please vote and comment to tell me what you thought about this chapter, because I really wanna know :)

-Josephine xx