Four

Amir

I plugged the aux cord into my phone before opening spinrilla, hitting shuffle, dropping my phone on the cup holder, and driving out of student parking lot of my school

I plugged the aux cord into my phone before opening spinrilla, hitting shuffle, dropping my phone on the cup holder, and driving out of student parking lot of my school. The state championship game was on Friday, the day after thanksgiving and my coaches were scheduling mandatory practices whenever they could.

As surprising as it may be since I was held back for constantly fighting, I was a key asset to the team and had several college offers waiting on me. I felt like that was my uncle's doing, honestly.

Lil Riz
iMessage

Sliding the iMessage notification to the right and pressing my right thumb on the home button, my phone unlocked and opened up me and Riz's text message thread.

You coming to Nanny's?

I let my head fall back into the seats and huffed after reading her message. Since the last day of school before Thanksgiving break was the day before, Riz told me that she had went to Nanny's around twelve to help her clean and cook. She also told me that she would be there until late. Kaine and auntie V would be over there later.

Each year our family alternates where we spend the holidays. The functions were either at our dads' mom, Nanny Celine, or our moms' mom, GG Sarai. Over the years both sides, well the part that we fucked with, had become extremely close and did a lot together. Spending the holidays in the same house was one of those many things.

I was thinking about making that drive and getting some early thanksgiving food. But Nanny was gonna try to make me clean her house, I was gonna half ass, and then she was gonna try to fight me. I love my grandmother, but I had no time for her games.

Contemplating, I made my decision and let Riz know that I wasn't coming and that I would see her tomorrow before locking my phone and sitting it back in the cup holder.

Lost in my thoughts, I didn't know that the light had turned green and the driver of the car behind me chose to lay on the horn.

A mug automatically came across my face and I looked in the rear view mirror at the fat necked fuck that was too close to the steering wheel of her white Nissan Altima.

Just to be my petty self, I continued to stare at her and waited until the light was yellow before I slowly drove away to make her miss the light. I smirked in satisfaction at the face she made, having to hit the brakes quickly before she got a ticket for running a red light.

Laughing, I caught my reflection in the mirror causing me to shake my head, drop my smile, and then put my focus back on the road ahead of me. I could barely stand looking at my reflection sometimes.