Epilogue

Flashback

"Daddy?"

Placing Victoria's sonogram pictures on the coffee table, I looked towards the stairs that's Kai was walking down and rubbing her eyes. The first thing I saw was her Doc McStuffins bonnet, then her disheveled pajamas, and finally the oversized Doc McStuffins slippers.

I'd been on the phone with my lawyer for a while, conversing about Kaseem's case, so I knew it was late. Checking the time on my phone, I saw that it was going on two in the morning. "Why are you up?

"I had a brazy dream," she stated, climbing into my lap as I sat lazily on the couch.

"A nightmare?"

"No a dream."

"Aight Martin Luther King, Jr."

"Ooh, we learned about Martha Lutha King, Jr. in class." Kai perked up and I knew she was about to go off topic if I didn't stop her.

"That's good, baby. What was your dream about?"

She tapped her chin a few times before speaking, "There was a wedding. It was so pretty. I saw a girl with pretty eyes and a big belly talking to to some twins. I saw you and Miss V and then everybody started shooting. The girl with the big belly was bleeding a lot."

My eyebrows furrowed at Kai's vivid description. It honestly scared the hell out of me that she was having dreams like that.

"That won't happen anytime soon, so don't worry."

"I know you'll protect me, dad," she nodded assuringly.

Omniscient

Three weeks after Kareem proposed.

"You look beautiful, momma," Kharisma cooed after Kai secured the veil on Victoria's head and stepped away so everyone could look at her. All of the women in the room had similar reactions to bride's appearance.

"Thank you, Riz," Victoria replied with a gentle smile before standing up from the chair she sat in and walking over to the floor to ceiling mirror in the villa bedroom. Dasani, Victoria's Matron of Honor, made sure to catch the train of her dress so that Victoria wouldn't trip.

Staring in the mirror, Victoria took all of herself in and soon the back of her eyes began to burn. She was really about to get married and spend the rest of her life with the man she loved. That was truly a dream come true.

"Here this cry baby go," Sarai, Victoria's mother joked as Kai hurried over with the beauty blender so the Victoria's makeup wouldn't get ruined by her tears. Kharisma fanned her mother's tears away before they could drop.

"I told you she was about to cry," Kareem's mother spoke, burping Aubree and then cleaning her face. Vanessa's daughter was getting bigger as the days went by. "Granny baby so cute," she cooed, causing Aubree to smile a toothless grin.

The bathroom door opened and out walked Vanessa, the last to get a look at her sister fully dressed. "Here comes the bride," she began to sing in a flat tone, mimicking how Victoria and Victor would walk down the isle.