Thirty two

Short chapter.
_________________________________

Omniscient

"When am I gonna see you? I miss my baby," Caesar pouted and threw his head back.

Mimicking her boyfriend's facial expression, Kharisma replied, "I miss you too, love. We'll be back next week and we can spend your off day together if you want."

The Thompson family had been deviated from their normal routine and out of the country for about two weeks. Kareem felt that this was the best decision as he The woman had literally dropped off the face of the earth. Because he didn't associate himself with them for obvious reasons, Kareem had begun to think Aisha was hiding in Jamaica. That was the only logical idea.

"Bet. But I'm finna go hoop for a lil bit," Caesar stated, sitting his phone down on this night stand so that he could put on his shoes.

He and his grandmother had recently moved into a two bedroom apartment, so Caesar didn't have to sleep on the couch anymore. That was a big step up from the living situation they'd been in since first leaving Louisiana. Either way, Caesar was grateful to have a place to lay his head. The only difference now was that he could close the door and have some privacy whenever he craved it.

"Awww, look at you being social," Riz cooed with a wide grin and Caesar rolled his eyes. She was always trying to baby him and Caesar would act annoyed but he liked it on the low.

Kharisma's words held truth. Caesar had never been one to associate with too many people. In fact, Caesar deciding to attend the party on New Years Eve was one of his most spontaneous decisions being that he didn't go anywhere. He just never felt the need to try to hang outside of school.

However, Riz was slowly bringing Caesar out of the protective shell he'd built for himself.

"Bye, lil girl."

"Bye lil boy," Kharisma responded, rolling her eyes as Caesar had done not too long before.

Watching Kharisma adjust one of her AirPods as it was falling from her ear, Ceez bit his lip before speaking again, "I love you."

Kharisma could've sworn her heart stopped beating momentarily. She'd been saying those words in her head for weeks but didn't want to say them aloud because she had no idea how Caesar would react. If she only knew Caesar had been feeling the same way, the words would've been exchanged. But in this moment, it was confirmed. "I-I love you too."

Ceez's body got warm at Riz's response and if he was lighter, his cheeks would be the color of fresh roses. "I'm serious. I really love you and I been wanting to tell you for a lil minute but I wasn't sure how you would react. Ion wanna scare you away."

Kharisma peeked at Caesar from under her eyelashes. "You're not gonna scare me away, Ceez. Maybe a few months ago, but not now."

"I'm happy to hear that," Caesar grinned before paused showed up on the screen, letting Kharisma know that he was getting a call. Caesar declines.

"Baby, I gotta go," Caesar told Riz when his face appeared back on camera. He had moved from his bed and was trying to find his car keys since he didn't hang them on the rack like his grandmother told him.

Riz poured briefly before responding, "Alright. Text me and let me know you're safe, okay?" Although she was already missing Caesar, the two were rather mature for their age and knew how vital it was to maintain their separate lives while in their relationship. That was the only way to make it last.

"Yes ma'am." Caesar blew Kharisma a kiss before hanging up the phone just as Kaine was walking through the patio door.

"She out here caked up," he yelled behind him. Victoria was more than likely looking for her so that they could go and get groceries for the next few days.