Twenty six

It's been over two months for this update because for one, I have writer's block. For two, I feel like I'm losing my writing ability. And for three, I'm getting ready for my first year of college.

Sorry for the wait. I didn't edit and I hope y'all enjoy.
_________________________________

Omniscient

"You're wrong," Victoria stated as soon as Kareem walked back into her room, Riz's keys in his hand. Shrugging, Kareem dropped the keys on the dresser and sat on the edge of her California king bed. Victoria made a face when he ignored her, unwillingly being consumed in his thoughts.

There was too much going on in Kareem's head. He didn't realize that Victoria was dealing right along the side of him but it didn't show because she was trying to learn not to stress so much. She had spent enough time crying during motherhood to know that she didn't want to be doing that for the rest of her life.

"Victoria please don't piss me off," Kareem replied causing Victoria to raise an eyebrow, wondering who he was talking to like that.

Folding her arms, Victoria sat in her hip, "Don't tell me what the fuck to do. You're being irrational. You obviously don't feel certain in how we've raised her."

"I do-"

"You can't by the way you're acting. Her hips haven't spread so she can't be having sex yet. And if she was, you would have to trust that we raised her well enough to come talk to somebody and use protection. But, she's only gonna stray further away from us if our actions show we don't trust her."

"I already got one grandchild on the way, I don't need another one," Kareem groaned after speaking, realizing he was most likely about to be a grandfather in the coming months.

Walking towards her spacious closet Victoria spoke, "Go apologize."

"What?" Kareem tuned his face up at Victoria's command.

"I didn't stutter. Kharisma feels like you don't trust her and if you keep restricting her every move, then her behavior is gonna get worse. She'll be lying, hiding emotions, and sneaking out in no time, regardless of what type of information you have. I understand that you want to protect them but you're taking overprotective to new heights. It's ridiculous, Kareem."

The room was reduced to silence as Victoria found something comfortable to wear for the day. She had no clients but still had two over the phone meetings as well as errands on her agenda.

Taking a moment to breathe and reflect on how he had been acting over the past few months, hell years, there was a slight something in Kareem that told him that he was wrong. He had maintained a strong relationship with all of his kids and he didn't want that to end now that they were getting older and living their own lives as young adults.

"Hello," Victoria called not hearing him say anything. Her eyes landed on the light blue ripped boyfriend jeans that she had been looking for. Grabbing those and then a mustard colored, fitted tank. On her way out of the closet Victoria picked a pair of her Tory Burch sandals to complete the simple look. She was feeling good despite this current drama and the fact that Jayceon had been blowing her phone up since that night.

"Ima do it. Not now though because the shit won't be genuine," he stated. Victoria nodded, respecting his words. They didn't do fake anything and remorse was one of those things. Whenever anything happened in the family they would make sure that they had their emotions and thoughts together before revisiting the situation.

Putting her clothes on the made up bed, Victoria turned around and went towards her dresser to find an appropriate bra.

"Make sure it's within the next hour and a half because I'm gonna have Kai bring him over since you taking keys and shit. She was wrong for going over there, I will admit. But if Amir still had a car and you knew he was selling drugs and Kaine had enough freedom to get somebody pregnant, you have to be just as lenient with Kharisma. She's gotta learn from whatever decisions she's making."