Nine

Omniscient

"Thank you for tonight. I had a great time," Kai spoke honestly, a big smile gracing her face and her hazel eyes appearing brighter under the moon light.

Adrian began their night out with dinner. During that time the two learned the basics about each other like birthdays, favorite colors, likes and dislikes, and a few other on-the-surface things.

Kai and Adrian had just finished watching Princess and the Frog at a drive in movie and he drove her back to the bakery to get her car. Kai had no idea how, but somehow Adrian knew that was her favorite movie.

"Don't thank me, mama."

"Why do you keep calling me that," Kai asked and then let out a slight laugh. Since she could remember, hated to be called ma or mama. But for some reason it was less annoying when coming from Adrian.

"Force of habit. Does it bother you," Adrian asked, genuinely concerned. He was really feeling Kai and he wanted to make sure that she was comfortable around him at all times.

Kai smiled at his concerned facial expression, "Not at all. I was just wondering."

She admired how much of a gentleman Adrian was. Throughout their entire time together, not once did he touch her inappropriately. He never made any sexual innuendos and always kept his eyes on her face. However, she knew a freak when she saw one, and that was Adrian.

"So when am I gonna see you again," Adrian questioned, reaching out to grab Kai's soft hands in his own and kissing her knuckled. His gaze on her was an intense one, causing Kai to blush and look down.

Shaking his head at her sudden shyness after being outspoken and sassy all night, Adrian pulled Kai's body towards his own and lifted her head towards him by her chin, his eyebrows furrowed.

She raised an eyebrow at his aggressiveness, attempting to mask to fact that she liked it. Kai didn't want to move to fast even though Adrian had her ready to jump his bones by just looking at her.

"I asked you a question, mama," he spoke, licking his lips.

"I'll let you know."

"That ain't gonna fly with me, beautiful. The last time I left our fate in your hands, I had to go through hell and high water to get in contact with you," Adrian stated.

Of course it wasn't too much of a hassle to get in touch with Kai, given his status. But he wanted her to know that he was serious about getting to know her.

"You free Sunday?"

Adrian nodded, subconsciously beginning to run circles in the small of Kai's back. Her body was warm and he didn't want to let her go. "Yeah."

"Meet me here at seven. I'm gonna show you how to make that cupcake you liked," Kai said, causing Adrian to grin.

She'd brought him a few of her pastries to try and he knew that he would be as big as a house fucking with her. Her desserts were delicious for a lack of a better term.

"Bet."

The two stood in silence, just staring at each other, before Kai leaned forward and kissed Adrian's cheek. He wrapped both of his arms around her waist and she did the same to his neck before the two embraced each other in a lingering hug.