Twelve (part 2)

Note for now and future reference: Kaine and Grandpa Kaine are different people.
_________________________________

Omniscient

"Come eat," Sarai called from the kitchen where she, Celine, and Victoria were finishing a few last minute sides

"Come eat," Sarai called from the kitchen where she, Celine, and Victoria were finishing a few last minute sides. Sarai's husband, Victor, and Celine's husband, Grandpa Kaine, were finally back from the store.

They had left about forty five minutes before to get beer from up the store right up the street from the house. But, they liked to get lifted just as much as the their grandkids so the fifteen minute trip was extended.

Hearing two of his favorite words, Kaydence hopped up from his place on the floor and took off in front of everybody as if Victoria was letting his playful behind make his own plate.

"Quit running," Kaine commanded, slapping Kaydence on the back of his neck, knowing how irritating his actions were.

"Ouch, Kaine," Kaydence yelled with his face tuned up, rubbing his neck as he continued towards the kitchen. Usually he would have retaliated, but the food was more important at that moment.

"Say grace, Kaydence," Victoria spoke from her place in the circle. At every holiday, before the family ate they would always gather in a circle, hold hands, and then bless the food.

Being the natural clown that he is, Kaydence cleared his throat a few times before saying grace. "Amen," everybody spoke and then dispersed throughout the kitchen to pile their plates high with the food that had been prepared over the course of the previous day.

"No macaroni, momma," Kaydence reminded as he made his way to the refrigerator. Just as he put his hand on the stainless steel handle, it was thumped by Celine and she waved him in the opposite direction.

Celine knew Kaydence was already aware that all the drinks were in the other refrigerator and that he was just trying to get a peak at her banana pudding before it was time. Already being sure that the one pan wouldn't be enough for her greedy family, Celine had prepared three.

"I know, Kay," Victoria replied, passing up the baked macaroni and cheese to pick up two baked rolls for Kaydence. He loved any kind of bread.

She would never understand how Kai, Kharisma, and Kaydence didn't like macaroni and cheese. In Victoria's eyes, that was one of the best comfort foods known to man.

"What you drinking, ma," Riz asked from the kitchen entrance. She knew that Victoria and her grandmothers had been working hard on the food so she was willing to make their lives easier, even in the slightest way.