Thirteen

Y'all haven't even gotten all the details from the past 17 years. Be patient.

_________________________________

Omniscient

Flashback

"I'm pregnant, Kareem," Victoria announced, sitting in the passenger seat of his truck.

It was almost ten at night and Victoria had been waiting for hours because the two of them needed to have a serious conversation.

Kareem had spent the whole day with the kids at the water park, the arcade, and then the movies. The twins were fifteen, Amir was sixteen, and Kaydence was six and even though it may have seemed childish for Amir, Kaine, and Kharisma to have a good time at those places, they did and Kareem was happy to see his kids satisfied.

Upon hearing the news, a smile spread across Kareem's face. His good day was getting even better. The only woman who he wanted to have his kids was pregnant again.

"But I can't keep the baby," Victoria added, leaning her head back on the headrest, letting out a long sigh.

Kareem's face automatically tuned up and he snapped his head in Victoria's direction. "Why the fuck not?"

"My body's not strong enough to carry a baby Kareem. If I do, it's either the baby dies or we both do. You know I'm all for taking care of a baby I had sex to conceive. I just can't leave the rest of my kids on this earth without me Kareem, especially if there's no guarantee that this baby will survive."

Victoria knew how much she loved her children and how much they loved her and the thought of how devastated they would be to lose both a sibling and their mother constantly crossed her mind. She had weighed all her options and she felt like that was the best choice.

Biting his lip as his eyes began to burn Kareem leaned his head back on the headrest like Victoria had done just moments before.

Thoughts of losing Victoria and his kids' grief because of his constantly began to run through his head. It was like no matter how hard he tried to shake the thoughts, they just kept coming back and the silent tears continued to fall.

"Please stop crying," Victoria whispered, not even having to look over to know that there were tears rolling down Kareem's face. She didn't have to ask him to know that he was thinking negatively because she had been doing the same since she left the doctor. She knew him better than he knew himself sometimes.